Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How Many Key Fobs and Smart Keys Did your Palisade come with? Where did get More and what did you pay (for Fob and programming)? Dealer Only? In the manual I think it said only 2 Smart Keys can be programmed regardless? Not really sure of the Utility of the smart Key, it also seems to require power to function. Out of an abundance of caution I put an extra CR2032 Battery in my wallet and my wive's purse, especially winter temps.

·
Super Moderator
984 Posts
If by any chance you leased the Palisade, don't worry about the battery, it will last years after your lease is up.
If you financed for 6 years, you will be getting close to the life of the battery.

·
Registered
153 Posts
All push button start cars should have a work around to start the car if the fob battery is dead. Though I don't know what that workaround is in the Palisade yet.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
All push button start cars should have a work around to start the car if the fob battery is dead. Though I don't know what that workaround is in the Palisade yet.
You press the push button start with the actual key. See manual page 5-14.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well Yeah also have to unlock doors if locked through hidden key hole you access from pulling on door handle, using the key to release the keyhole cover plate and then using the key on the now exposed lock. Think i would rather change the battery lol.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I got 2 fobs. The dealer told me that a third or replacement fob would cost $800. Yikes! I better not lose these!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have seen the Fobs online for $85 to 150. ** They do need to be programmed. ** Oddly apparently the smart key itself (the part inside for use when the fob has no power) can not be programmed unless you loose a key because the car will only allow 2 keys to be programmed. Sounds odd to me. At least for my old Odyssey I was able to program the fobs myself, though not the physical transponder based keys. I would imagine a reputable dealer might do fobs for like $300. From past experience the price goes down when programming more then one Key, etc.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I got 2 fobs. The dealer told me that a third or replacement fob would cost $800. Yikes! I better not lose these!
Bought an additional key on eBay for just under $100. It’s coming from China though so it may take a month to get to me. You can watch a video on YouTube on how to program it. It’s pretty easy.

·
Registered
71 Posts
That’s good to know! On the positive side, I rarely take the fob out of my purse so my chances of losing it are much slimmer than with my previous vehicles.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited Lagoon Silver
10 Posts
I’m assuming it’s the same in the Palisade but on my Elantra if the battery is dead in the key fob hold it against the start button to start. It’ll have enough juice to activate it. To get into the car you have to remove the physical key and use it on the drivers side. It’s a pain in the Palisade you have to remove a cover on the door handle.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bought an additional key on eBay for just under $100. It’s coming from China though so it may take a month to get to me. You can watch a video on YouTube on how to program it. It’s pretty easy.
Do you mind sharing the link to the one you used? I have tried unsuccessfully in locating one on programming a replacement. Thanks!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts