Votes: 8 17.4%

Votes: 23 50.0%

Votes: 13 28.3%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
I voted it an eight due to the "rough" ride, the wind noise (dont have whistle noise), no power folding mirror and no auto dimming side mirrors.

·
Registered
143 Posts
It's clearly a 10. Probably the best SUV on the market including the luxury brands. The non folding mirror thing , in my opinion, is not worth a lower rating however I'm betting the 2021 will have it as does the Telluride.

·
Super Moderator
768 Posts
I give mine a 10 despite the couple of short comings.
My first choice had been the KIA Telluride, After checking both out
including test driving. I chose the Palisade for two big reasons
I liked the Telluride's power folding mirrors and the interior wood trim
over the Palisade. While the Palisade doesn't have power folding mirror's
it does have power folding third row seats. Being older and disabled
the folding third row was a wash to the mirrors. The digital gauges and
an infotainment display which looks like it is a part of the dash rather than
an add-on like the Telluride's was a big difference to me
Those terrible black wheels on the SX is a loser to the Palisades Big grill
no matter how you look at it. Then there is the shifter. Everyone likes the
normal stick shift. BUT is it normal. I had a 2018 Genesis G90 with the
look normal shifter. Didn't care at all for a gear shift that when you want
to go forward, you pull back on the shifter. When you want to go backward
you push forward on the shifter. Guess I was just used to the vehicle being
in park and pulling the shifter down to what you want. with the electronic
shifting doesn't make sense to me.
Was a little worried about the push button shifting on the Palisade, after using it
I like it a lot better than the screwed up shifter on the genesis. This at least
makes sense and easy to use.
When my wife and I first went to look at the Telluride we had to look twice to
realize it was the new SUV. Just looked like what other rugged off road SUV's
look like. If I wanted a SUV that looked off road but isn't I might have gone for the Telluride. On the other hand, when we got to the Hyundai dealership, we didn't
have to take a second look to know which was the new SUV.
While the Palisade is far from perfect it beats the other SUV's I considered.
My wife loves the extra storage under the center console. Uses it when we
pick up take out rather than holding food in lap.
They are so near alike in most respects, guess it is just the little things that
you are looking for which makes your choice for you

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm 72 and agree with everything you mentioned on the Telluride vs Palisade. I like the additional space the push button shifter frees up under the center console and couldn't agree more about the black wheels. I guess a lot of the younger folks prefer the black wheel look but I'm old school and like bright shiny wheels. This is a great SUV!

·
Registered
33 Posts
And I like the paddle shifters. When driving in the mountains I use my gears instead of my brakes as much as possible. The shifters do not require me to take my hands off the steering wheel. A big advantage I think.

·
Registered
2 Posts
9 was my answer. After about 3k miles, there are some minor issues that I’ve noted, nothing that would change my mind on my purchase and still love the vehicle. Third row lights that come on with the other overhead lights is my biggest gripe. Great car though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm 72 and agree with everything you mentioned on the Telluride vs Palisade. I like the additional space the push button shifter frees up under the center console and couldn't agree more about the black wheels. I guess a lot of the younger folks prefer the black wheel look but I'm old school and like bright shiny wheels. This is a great SUV!
I’m not a boxy guy. I like the blacked out look and more aggressive appearance but it’s too square, plus this vehicle is for the wife and she prefers the more classic, refined look of the Palisade.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I love my Palisade and chose it over a Telluride, Explorer or Cadillac. My only issue, and this is a BIG ISSUE TO ME, is that the USB ports cannot charge up an IPAD. That really, really bothers me because I use my IPad when I travel. I can't imagine why Hyundai put in these cheesy, inoperable USB ports..

I also love the smooth solid ride. I bought a limited and it has a great ride.

·
Registered
723 Posts
whereas my Ford Taurus has 12.1
It most certainly does not. The highest amperage fast charging systems available right now only run up to about 4.6A. Nobody is pushing 12.1 A through their USB ports in a car.

Far more likely that there's a 1 A port and a 2.1 A port right next to each other and that the writing was misinterpreted to be 12.1A

Also, the charger for the ipad is only a 2.1A charger anyway.

If you're having issues with the ipad charging, something else is going on. Are you using the same physical cable in the Palisade that you used in your Taurus? Have you tried with a new, oem apple cable?

·
Registered
11 Posts
It most certainly does not. The highest amperage fast charging systems available right now only run up to about 4.6A. Nobody is pushing 12.1 A through their USB ports in a car.

Far more likely that there's a 1 A port and a 2.1 A port right next to each other and that the writing was misinterpreted to be 12.1A

Also, the charger for the ipad is only a 2.1A charger anyway.

If you're having issues with the ipad charging, something else is going on.
That's not correct. If there was something wrong with the IPAD, it wouldn't charge up to 100% in my Ford Taurus or our 2017 Ford F150. We tried this out on my husband's IPAD in the Palisade and it couldn't keep it charged up either.

I have read other complaints about mothers angry that their kids ipads would not charge in this car.

The amperage is clearly too low in the Palisade.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I voted 10 - was mystified by the rough ride comment? I can't find anything wrong after 70 days. Have gotten used to the shifter mostly but do like the space if frees up as well. Have someone in my 3 row once a year so lack of lights not an issue.

Ok fine I'll give you a subtraction for the folding mirror but that is looking hard to find something.

I have owned lots of suburbans (worked for GMAC) , a Lexus GX470 and a highlander. Also currently own an MDX - the Palisade the best one by far and I think beats anything on the market (yes even the Kia)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I voted 10 - was mystified by the rough ride comment? I can't find anything wrong after 70 days. Have gotten used to the shifter mostly but do like the space if frees up as well. Have someone in my 3 row once a year so lack of lights not an issue.
I was also mystified by the rough ride. The ride in mine is amazing!

·
Registered
723 Posts
The amperage is clearly too low in the Palisade.
There may be something going on, I'm not arguing with you there. There's definitely not a 12 amp usb circuit in any of the ford products though. First step to addressing the issue is correctly identifying what the problem is. The problem could be with the Palisade pushing less current, the problem could be with the cords being used (this is very often the problem in situations like this), the problem could be with the ipad(although testing it on multiple units has likely ruled this problem out), etc.

When plugging in to the Palisade, did you use the USB port in the cupholder area near the Qi charger or one of the other ones?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Whatever the amperage is in a Ford, it does work. It doesn't work in the Palisade. Can you think of what the issue might be?

·
Registered
11 Posts
There may be something going on, I'm not arguing with you there. There's definitely not a 12 amp usb circuit in any of the ford products though. First step to addressing the issue is correctly identifying what the problem is. The problem could be with the Palisade pushing less current, the problem could be with the cords being used (this is very often the problem in situations like this), the problem could be with the ipad(although testing it on multiple units has likely ruled this problem out), etc.

When plugging in to the Palisade, did you use the USB port in the cupholder area near the Qi charger or one of the other ones?
We tried different cords and then tried using the port in different places. For example, we used the one in the cupholder tray and then the one in the side of the driver's seat. Keep in mind these are the same cords we used successfully in the Ford F150 truck. I also use them in the house.

I found this post on this forum, a mother saying that the 2.1 amperage won't keep her child's IPAD charged either. It makes me think it is not enough amperage to keep an IPAD charged. USB Outlet Power Rating?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts