Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks...

I had the Google Pixel 6 PRO on order and just cancelled the order on the google store.

After reading that the STANDARD Pixel 6 is pretty much the same size as my current Pixel 3 XL I started to get concerned.

There really is not a lot of room between the wireless charging pad and the cup holders so I decided to put this whole phone thing on hold until I got some clear answers.

So if someone has the Pixel 6 Pro can you tell me if it fits exactly on the charging pad or if it hangs over, therefore affecting the charging performance. I say that because the edge of the charging pad has a raised lip and it would not be ideal for the phone to sit on that.

As manufacturers are ever increasing the size of phones this is going to be problematic moving forward and manufacturers will have to start thinking about bigger charging pads too accommodate these devices. For the last 3 vehicles I have owned the criteria for phone connection and Android Auto has played highly into my decision of what to buy. Manufacturers would be wise to listen as phones become an ever more important item in peoples lives.

·
Registered
4 Posts
We just got our 2022 Saturday and my Pixel 6 Pro fits perfectly in the wireless charger even in its case. FWIW the girl's phone is a Note 20 Ultra, and also fits just fine. I can take some pics for you if you want to see.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We just got our 2022 Saturday and my Pixel 6 Pro fits perfectly in the wireless charger even in its case. FWIW the girl's phone is a Note 20 Ultra, and also fits just fine. I can take some pics for you if you want to see.

The pics would ease my mind because of the raised lip on the charging pad

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hello folks...

I had the Google Pixel 6 PRO on order and just cancelled the order on the google store.

After reading that the STANDARD Pixel 6 is pretty much the same size as my current Pixel 3 XL I started to get concerned.

There really is not a lot of room between the wireless charging pad and the cup holders so I decided to put this whole phone thing on hold until I got some clear answers.

So if someone has the Pixel 6 Pro can you tell me if it fits exactly on the charging pad or if it hangs over, therefore affecting the charging performance. I say that because the edge of the charging pad has a raised lip and it would not be ideal for the phone to sit on that.

As manufacturers are ever increasing the size of phones this is going to be problematic moving forward and manufacturers will have to start thinking about bigger charging pads too accommodate these devices. For the last 3 vehicles I have owned the criteria for phone connection and Android Auto has played highly into my decision of what to buy. Manufacturers would be wise to listen as phones become an ever more important item in peoples lives.
I have a Samsung 21 Ultra which is almost exactly the same size as the Pixel 6 Pro and it fits perfectly in the wireless charging pad and it does not overhang at all.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No idea! And I thought I had done all the research on this thing I possibly could.
Yup I have my aawireless in the main port with the wire going through the console and then I two way taped it to the outside of the drivers lower console so I could see the green/blue indicator.

In most cases my Pixel lasts all day and the wireless charging pad is fine. If I go on an 18 hour trip with heavy use I can always run a cable through the front of the console to the lower USB port to top up the charge on the phone.

That hole in the center console is a stroke of genius.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Did you know there is a hole at the front of the charging pad to get the wires through to the lower USB charger?
I kid you not. I just found this out last night. My daughter jammed her hand into cave where wireless mat is and told me there is a hole. I was pleasantly surprised. Now I might actually my wireless carplay adapter that’s been sitting around for almost 6 months.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts