Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
What country are you from?
I'm in the USA
USA as well.

Little Chirp or Loud Blast of Horn.... In USA and only get little chirp as noted. Lights and chirp. If your next to car say at home easy to here. In parking lot at Costco and don't quite remember your row and exact position within forget about it.
^Sure sounds like a horn to me. Actually, I have indeed found my car in a parking lot after a big concert using this exact way you're talking about.

I am so confused by this thread lol...

·
Super Moderator
427 Posts
The original post was about when you lock the car with the lock button on the key fob, after exiting the vehicle.
Some cars also give a horn beep when using the lock button on door handle, not my palisade just a click.
Pressing the horn button, on key fob, to find the car isn't what he is talking about

·
Registered
115 Posts
The original post was about when you lock the car with the lock button on the key fob, after exiting the vehicle.
Some cars also give a horn beep when using the lock button on door handle, not my palisade just a click.
Pressing the horn button, on key fob, to find the car isn't what he is talking about
That's what I'm doing in the video I linked. I'm clicking the lock key on my key remote fob, and on 2nd press the horn sounds. Which is exactly the behavior the manual describes as well.

·
Registered
71 Posts
That's what I'm doing in the video I linked. I'm clicking the lock key on my key remote fob, and on 2nd press the horn sounds. Which is exactly the behavior the manual describes as well.
What is the build date of your Palisade? Is there a way to check the software build? My horn does not sound on a second press of the lock button on the fob and the setting for it as shown on page 3-105 of the manual is not there. The build date of mine is 10/10/2019 but I don't know how to check the software version of the controlling S/W.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I think I know what's going on. @xerostatus has an SE. @Mickey, you have an SEL with options. Meaning you probably have the smart key.

Page 3-4 of the manual talks about the regular key (not smart) and does state that if you press the lock button a second time within 4 seconds, you will get the horn feedback.

Page 3-8 of the manual talks about the smart key. It does NOT state that you will get the horn feedback.

Page 3-105 is for instrument cluster type A and B (aka not the Limited) and does show a setting for this. Page 3-125 is for instrument cluster type C (aka Limited) and also shows a setting for this. Clearly the manual is wrong and that setting is not available with Smart Keys. At least that's my guess. There are enough errors in this manual that it wouldn't surprise me.

·
Registered
71 Posts
You are probably right. I do have a Smart Key with the 5 buttons as shown as Type B on page 3-8. I was talking to my service manager a few hours ago about the wind noise fix issue (in another thread) and asked him about this issue. He said he would check into it.

·
Super Moderator
427 Posts
I think I know what's going on. @xerostatus has an SE. @Mickey, you have an SEL with options. Meaning you probably have the smart key.

Page 3-4 of the manual talks about the regular key (not smart) and does state that if you press the lock button a second time within 4 seconds, you will get the horn feedback.

Page 3-8 of the manual talks about the smart key. It does NOT state that you will get the horn feedback.

Page 3-105 is for instrument cluster type A and B (aka not the Limited) and does show a setting for this. Page 3-125 is for instrument cluster type C (aka Limited) and also shows a setting for this. Clearly the manual is wrong and that setting is not available with Smart Keys. At least that's my guess. There are enough errors in this manual that it wouldn't surprise me.
Eric sure sounds like you figured this out, and I agree the manual needs work

·
Registered
10 Posts
I don't think it's been mentioned here but for those of you that want to find your "lost" car in a parking lot, just hold down the "panic" alarm on the key fob and once you are within range you should know where your vehicle is.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yes, I much prefer the quiet beep and turn signals flash compared to a loud horn toot. I mean, I guess if you are at a sketchy mall or live in a sketchy neighborhood where you want to advertise to everyone you just locked your doors, then you might want the loud horn, but otherwise the quiet beep is preferred.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts