Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to change the sound from a beep to the horn when locking using the key fob? I have the Palisade SE. Thank you.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Yeah i read the manual too and posted elsewhere here prior to going to my car and finding the option was not really present in menus that i or others could not find. The car makes a gentle chirp no horn. ** Please if u find it and get it working please let us know, would make my wife really happy

·
Registered
89 Posts
It doesn't exist in my SEL with all the packages. Maybe it is a Limited only feature?

·
Registered
441 Posts
Nope played this game earlier not in US. I think they believe its rude to Lock/honk. Little Chirp + Lights or Car ALARM. Sigh.

·
Registered
441 Posts
LOL. Its not why people want the option. Its for Mall / Shopping center lots where they “lost” their car. Happy medium between chirp and car alarm.

·
Registered
145 Posts
The manual reference posted above talks about horn feedback if you want to confirm the car is locked, by hitting the lock button a second time on the remote. So just to clarify, it doesn't look like the original locking of the car produces the horn sound, but does a second press on the fob do it?

·
Super Moderator
850 Posts
I have the limited Palisade and double pressing the lock , on fob , doesn't sound my horn. Just the chirp and flask the turn signal

·
Registered
147 Posts
Are you folks (without the horn on lock) in the US? Should't even be trim dependent. I have an SE with zero options/packages. Default behavior is the horn beeps when you press lock (twice). First click you'll only see the lights flash, 2nd click you'll get the audio feedback.

·
Super Moderator
850 Posts
Are you folks (without the horn on lock) in the US? Should't even be trim dependent. I have an SE with zero options/packages. Default behavior is the horn beeps when you press lock (twice). First click you'll only see the lights flash, 2nd click you'll get the audio feedback.
What country are you from?
I'm in the USA

·
Registered
441 Posts
Little Chirp or Loud Blast of Horn.... In USA and only get little chirp as noted. Lights and chirp. If your next to car say at home easy to here. In parking lot at Costco and don't quite remember your row and exact position within forget about it.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts