Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
just got a blue link message that it was the rear occupancy alert due to detected motion inside the vehicle and that it will reset itself on the next ignition. It also says there is a way to disarm the system. strange.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just disarmed the system from the cluster under "convenience". Sure don't want it going off in the middle of the night. I really don't need the system as we have no small kids or animals that will ever be in the car. I hope this takes care of the problem.

·
Registered
16 Posts
My alarm was going off more and more quickly while I tried to figure out how to stop it. I finally pulled the 15A fuse which controls the B/Alarm Horn. This fuse is under the hood on fuse block in front of the driver. Remove the cover for fuses. Look under the removed lid there is a map describing each fuse size and function. 15A fuses are blue. There is a fuse puller also to help you. The dealer gets the analysis and repair tomorrow.

·
Administrator
2,616 Posts
My alarm was going off more and more quickly while I tried to figure out how to stop it. I finally pulled the 15A fuse which controls the B/Alarm Horn. This fuse is under the hood on fuse block in front of the driver. Remove the cover for fuses. Look under the removed lid there is a map describing each fuse size and function. 15A fuses are blue. There is a fuse puller also to help you. The dealer gets the analysis and repair tomorrow.
Why pull a fuse when it can be turned off in the menu?

·
Registered
16 Posts
OK thanks...but. Why is it the back seat alert? Will that have to be replaced to fix it? Couldn't some other sensor be bad? Does turning that off tell all inputs to silence? Did I stumble on the bad circuit or are there it here things which could have made it continue to blow the horn? Also no one on line directed me to the quick reference guide. Even service advisors have said the books are difficult to use and directed me to on line.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.