Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all -- my wife's Palisade Limited (Moonlight Blue/Black Interior) is 3 weeks old and we absolutely love the car (as an aside, took it on our first trip of any length over labor day weekend and it was a dream with the kids, HDA/lane centering make driving on highways so much less stressful, and work much better than the drivers assistance pro features on my 2018 BMW X3). She drove this after test driving all the german/luxury 3 row competition and she immediately knew she wanted this -- who was I to argue with saving 25K (not to mention future maintenance savings)!!

One question that has been nagging me and I'm wondering if anyone has a good answer -- there is a plastic hook connected under the load floor cover in the trunk via a relatively short string, and I cannot figure out how it's supposed to work or what it's supposed to clip on to. My suspicion is that it is meant to hold the cover up so that if you are putting stuff in the lower bin you can stack things higher than the floor (though I'm not sure, that would certainly be useful). I was actually able to sort of get it to serve this function by just pushing down the hook between the separation in the 3rd row seats (not the most elegant solution and clearly doesn't seem to be its design but it worked), but I was curious if anyone actually knew what this was meant to do, and/or if there is any smarter way to keep up the load cover?

Thanks, seems like a great group, and hope everyone is enjoying their new cars.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I tried to use the hook to hold up the cover while I organized the emergency tools, compressor, and first aid kits that I was putting in the car.... The only thing I could figure out is if I forced the hook over the top/back of the center 3rd row seat, come to think of it, it is probably designed to hook to the headrest bar, but they are folded over if they are coming out of storage.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Chris, good idea re: the headrest bar, i might try that out and see if it reaches (the cord connecting the hook is pretty short, I was originally thinking maybe it was meant to hook into the anchors for carseats that are in the back of the bench but it clearly would not reach that far).

·
Registered
39 Posts
I saw a video, can't remember where, but it showed a hyundai rep, using the center headrest bar, so yes it does seem that is the intention for it, however, I still usually wedge it between the seats since I dont keep the center headrest up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts