Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, first time posting on a forum community like this. I think the palisade community is close as it is such a small group.
I've had mine for about 3 weeks now, 1000 KM and no complaints. I've been trying to set up the garage opener with the homelink and wondering if anyone had any luck with programming the buttons on the rear view mirror using the learn button on the garage motor. (not using the garage remote as they are gone). I've tried all kinds of different methods and still no luck. Just wanted to confirm with someone, I am doing it right.

·
Super Moderator
943 Posts
go to the owners manual page 3-36, to start press the left and center button for 20 seconds.
then go to page 3-37 and do # 4-#6. have your car outside with the door open. don't forget you may have to press the mirror button 3 times. press and hold for a couple of seconds each time. when it is programmed the garage door will close.
works the same as on my car and I had to do it twice because I was to slow with the programming after pressing the button on the door opener. Just timed out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Gene, I'm positive I've done just that and no luck. Door open, car parked outside running. I'll do the 20 seconds reset per instructions manual. Then hit the learn button on the garage opener. Back to the car, and I've tried to hold the button for 20-30 seconds, that didn't work. I also tried to hold the button for 2 seconds, then 2 seconds again and 2 seconds again. no luck. won't work. If I am doing everything correctly could be something else then. Thanks for your input on this... I will keep troubleshooting this and let you know if I figure it out.

·
Super Moderator
943 Posts
How old is your garage door opener?
If really old it may not be a rolling code opener.
In that case I'd call the help line number they give
for problems with door opener.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got the programming of the homelink in the car to work, by using the remote control. I had to get batteries to get the old remotes going, then it would work. For some reason, when trying to program it directly from the motor learn button it wasn't working, even when I was parked only a few feet away from the motor. At least I was able to get it going, thanks for the help Gene. Take care.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I got the programming of the homelink in the car to work, by using the remote control. I had to get batteries to get the old remotes going, then it would work. For some reason, when trying to program it directly from the motor learn button it wasn't working, even when I was parked only a few feet away from the motor. At least I was able to get it going, thanks for the help Gene. Take care.
The learn button on your door opener does not send a signal it only receives the signal from a remote. You have to have the remotes for the learn button to remember the code. The remote and the buttons in the car are both transmitters only. you are programming the button in the car to the same code as the remote and then they both will work.

·
Registered
5 Posts
go to the owners manual page 3-36, to start press the left and center button for 20 seconds.
then go to page 3-37 and do # 4-#6. have your car outside with the door open. don't forget you may have to press the mirror button 3 times. press and hold for a couple of seconds each time. when it is programmed the garage door will close.
works the same as on my car and I had to do it twice because I was to slow with the programming after pressing the button on the door opener. Just timed out.
How do you program a 2nd remote without pressing the 1st and 3rd buttons, which removes my own garage door?

·
Super Moderator
943 Posts
Program the other buttons exactly like you did the first button. Only don't press the 1 and 3 together that just erases every one of them. My door opener has a rolling code so doesn't program from remote. I have to use the remote feature on the opener it self.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts