Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figured I would share in my misery. I hit a deer last night while driving home. Collision was at about 35 mph. Plenty of damage - it dented the hood, front quarter panel, passenger door, bumper cover... And the quarter panel is pushed back enough that the door won't open any more. I'm beginning the repair process, which should be fun given how new the Palisades are. I'll share the estimate when I get it!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sorry to hear about the accident! FWIW - Someone backed into my car recently (while it was sitting in a parking lot) and caved in the driver's side door. Had only 5k miles on it. I was pretty concerned about all the repair itself - taking it apart, paint matching, parts, potential for not making it look new anymore, etc. Have to say they did a fantastic job and it wasn't bad getting the OEM door in reasonably quick. The paint was matched so well I can't tell the difference (black). Everything was put back in it's proper place without any scratches and so on.

Good luck with the repair and find a auto body shop that gets great reviews.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Figured I would share in my misery. I hit a deer last night while driving home. Collision was at about 35 mph. Plenty of damage - it dented the hood, front quarter panel, passenger door, bumper cover... And the quarter panel is pushed back enough that the door won't open any more. I'm beginning the repair process, which should be fun given how new the Palisades are. I'll share the estimate when I get it!

View attachment 561 View attachment 562
For what it's worth, that's $3,500 worth of damage according to the local body shop. It'll take dent repair and a repaint of the hood, repaint of the passenger door, repair and repaint of the quarter panel, and new upper and lower bumper covers. They said there's a decent chance of more damage to the headlight once they dig into it, but on the surface at least, that's what it amounts to. Honestly, not as bad as I thought. Insurance will cover it all, but I felt like it would be $5k+...

·
Registered
502 Posts
Suspect the dear ran out in front from the side. Think sensor is designed primarily for head on to avoid rear ending a car in front of you, though sensor suite is meant to detect pedestrians too.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Suspect the dear ran out in front from the side. Think sensor is designed primarily for head on to rear of car though sensor suite is meant to detect pedestrians too.
That's correct - the deer came from the side and essentially ran into the passenger side wheel well at full speed. No sensors went off - the deer was never actually in front of me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts