Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received my Limited Palisade from Friendship dealership. Very happy to report no wind noise from the vehicle (was worried about this as the test drive vehicle had very pronounced wind noise!) and everything seems great with the vehicle. Living somewhat in the back water of TN there is no HD radio data service so no weather or traffic feeds but that's about the very tiny limit of my disappointment!

·
Registered
452 Posts
Good to hear your enjoying the Limited and the quiet. LOL about HD. Course reception permitting you can stream from your Phone the entire internet including audio of your choosing. We only went for SEL without options we get broadcast (perhaps some of them are HD as they list information about the stations as you flip though them) and of course streaming form phones. No Satellites for us.

Does the Palisade indicate when its specifically turned to HD radio? Just found https://hdradio.com/stations/ you might want to put in your zip code.
** Perhaps you have HD stations you did not realize. **

One thing I noticed about the Palisade radio is does not really have a seek all local stations like my old Honda did. Or more accurately best I can tell it just knows what the stations there are and then you choose your favorites if you like. My old car would find like 10 Local stations after searching the bands. Smarter no seeking required.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks so much for your reply. The HD radio info. is very interesting and has given me an idea to try tomorrow morning. Maybe I don’t have the HD channels locked into my radio as I didn’t do a full search of the low FM frequencies. I will try a manual search and maybe that will lock into the 89.5 frequency range and the data feed I need. Hmmm.......

·
Registered
452 Posts
Literally every decimal counts since its digital. There are 65 HD stations by me.. Between .1 an .3 there are literally 3 where there used to be one station. So while you just flip though you might want to consult the station list by zip code for your area. I literally had no idea myself till you posted. I just tuned the station I listened to most previuosly and accidentally perhaps a couple of others when I was too driving to pay attention to the radio.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I checked HD Radio is part of Drivers Package except on the Limited. So info i see by Radio stations is not provided by HD. O well. Enjoy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts