Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I love everything about this SUV except that it doesn't come in a real boot tan leather color interior. Compare with Hyundai's
Genesis GV80 interior color tan - it's absolutely rich, beautiful and would dress up the interior of the Palisade like nothing else. What Hyundai calls "Beige" is off white and cheapens the interior look to the point of a no go for me, a great disappointment. I was ready to buy a Palisade but stopped in my tracks when I realized the lack of interior color selection. ALL OTHER high end luxury vehicles offer a rich, boot tan or buckskin leather interior. It's just a color, it doesn't cost anymore than any other color to produce but OH what a difference it would make in really putting Palisade on the map. They got SO close to a REAL winner.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Tedknight, soooo you want the Palisade to have the a luxury vehicle class seats at the same price? Is there anything else you would like to make it a GO for you? The Palisade is not a luxury class vehicle, it just punches way above its price point. My previous vehicle was a Lincoln, however at this time I was not prepared to spend 40% more for the touches you describe for a true luxury class vehicle. Very happy with my Palisade. On a related note I test drove a Subaru Outback in Limited trim with darker brown leather seats, which in the manufacturer pics looked beautiful. That interior literally did not compare to the quality and feel of the Palisade. In my opinion you need to calibrate your expectations of main stream vehicle.

·
Super Moderator
1,907 Posts
I love everything about this SUV except that it doesn't come in a real boot tan leather color interior. Compare with Hyundai's
Genesis GV80 interior color tan - it's absolutely rich, beautiful and would dress up the interior of the Palisade like nothing else. What Hyundai calls "Beige" is off white and cheapens the interior look to the point of a no go for me, a great disappointment. I was ready to buy a Palisade but stopped in my tracks when I realized the lack of interior color selection. ALL OTHER high end luxury vehicles offer a rich, boot tan or buckskin leather interior. It's just a color, it doesn't cost anymore than any other color to produce but OH what a difference it would make in really putting Palisade on the map. They got SO close to a REAL winner.
If you want the Genesis GV80 interior color, spend the extra $20,000.00 dollars and you can get it. Maybe when available.
Hyundai didn't put a few features and colors in the Palisade, Because if you could get all of it in the Palisade why would you pay all the extra money for a CV80.
And get the same service you get on the Palisade

·
Registered
2 Posts
Tedknight, soooo you want the Palisade to have the a luxury vehicle class seats at the same price? Is there anything else you would like to make it a GO for you? The Palisade is not a luxury class vehicle, it just punches way above its price point. My previous vehicle was a Lincoln, however at this time I was not prepared to spend 40% more for the touches you describe for a true luxury class vehicle. Very happy with my Palisade. On a related note I test drove a Subaru Outback in Limited trim with darker brown leather seats, which in the manufacturer pics looked beautiful. That interior literally did not compare to the quality and feel of the Palisade. In my opinion you need to calibrate your expectations of main stream vehicle.
[/QUOTE
I think my request was misunderstood. I simply stated that I would like to see the Palisade in a boot tan color interior. No other changes. No Genesis or other higher end seats other than what is standard in the Palisade. I simply referred to the GV80s color of leather which I think would be beautiful in the Palisade and open the door for a more lux look for buyers like me who strongly dislike black and do like the rich look of a tan leather interior. Something for nothing would not be reasonable, but I think the consideration of an additional interior color is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts