Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help me feel better ?.I had just purchased a sante fe 2021 calligraphy .....and it was too small they have exchange policy and I paid 8 grand more for a pallisade TODAY BUT this color they rushed me into I am sooo upset a 65,000$ car and I am stuck w this color ...can anyone make me feel better ..they said they couldn't change as it was an exchange and I was attach to vin number . I wanted white and they sold last white on me. with light gray interior I twas a beige interior beige it is classy but not me .Yuip 65 grand in canada with tax wow and they wouldn't give me right color should call Hyundai ?please help I am a girl and have to admit I been crying .Its not the worst color and it fits and its light interior but burgundy? and I feel the dealership ripped me I mean I paid a lot in cash ,why would I be attached ot a vin they could have changed it. right ?even if not white at least black .

anyone can have any ideas?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Can anyone help me feel better ?.I had just purchased a sante fe 2021 calligraphy .....and it was too small they have exchange policy and I paid 8 grand more for a pallisade TODAY BUT this color they rushed me into I am sooo upset a 65,000$ car and I am stuck w this color ...can anyone make me feel better ..they said they couldn't change as it was an exchange and I was attach to vin number . I wanted white and they sold last white on me. with light gray interior I twas a beige interior beige it is classy but not me .Yuip 65 grand in canada with tax wow and they wouldn't give me right color should call Hyundai ?please help I am a girl and have to admit I been crying .Its not the worst color and it fits and its light interior but burgundy? and I feel the dealership ripped me I mean I paid a lot in cash ,why would I be attached ot a vin they could have changed it. right ?even if not white at least black .

I've read your post a couple of times but I'm not clear on what colors your Palisade are. Is it white or burgundy exterior? Is it light gray or beige interior? I prefer the light interiors and find them more refreshing than dark ones. As far as the exterior color, again I prefer lighter but I think the burgundy is a wonderful color. My car is the white exterior with beige interior. When all is said and done you spend all your time inside the vehicle so that would be the most important color for me. I'm sorry but I know nothing of Canada's car dealership laws.
Bob

·
Registered
66 Posts
Check out this site. Maybe it will make you feel better.
Official SIERRA BURGUNDY Hyundai Palisade Owners Thread

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've read your post a couple of times but I'm not clear on what colors your Palisade are. Is it white or burgundy exterior? Is it light gray or beige interior? I prefer the light interiors and find them more refreshing than dark ones. As far as the exterior color, again I prefer lighter but I think the burgundy is a wonderful color. My car is the white exterior with beige interior. When all is said and done you spend all your time inside the vehicle so that would be the most important color for me. I'm sorry but I know nothing of Canada's car dealership laws.
Bob
Bob

yes Canada is different ....I wanted the white with beige interior and the burgundy is beige just like yours ! Yours must be beautiful! Thank you so much ..made me feel better .And youre right we are mostly inside of ours car so it is not such a big deal .You are very kind to write Ty :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
The burgundy is very nice.

For the future and others out there, there's no such thing as "selling the last white", even here in Canada. They can order more. My dealership is getting the exact colour combo I want. If they can't find it locally, they will order it.

Please try to avoid doing business with that dealership moving forward. They should not be pressuring you into purchases and making you feel the way that you do.

·
Registered
2021 Caligraphy Palisade AWD - White ext / Brown int
33 Posts
Hello Katy,

What I am about to say is not to be inflammatory or to upset you. This is not my intent. I am just a little confused with your stated scenario from the dealer.

Why would you accept the color of vehicle that you did not want? We are talking about $65 k Canadian money. This is a lot of money.

In perspective, if you were to receive an order of food that was not right or not to your liking wouldn't you refuse it / send it back?

·
Super Moderator
1,389 Posts
Katy
When your Palisade comes in, make sure you test drive it. Take it up to at least 110K
listen for wind noise and feel if there is any vibration or bad smell.
Most are trouble free but don't agree to take one which doesn't meet your approval.
You can demand any down payment if it isn't satisfactory to you. Dealer will say you
have to take it. No you don't and can take them to court for the down payment, or
a Palisade that you want

·
Registered
30 Posts
I wasn't crazy about my burgundy Palisade at first (I too wanted white) but wasn't willing to wait until I could find one. Now that I have it, I really like it, It has more of a rich, luxurious feel to it.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Burgundy w beige is the combo that I want and cannot find anywhere, so how bout this: you make me feel better instead? Ha! So if it does make you feel any better my opinion of Hyunda’s limited color wheel is this: 4 versions of grey, really? Throw in black&white and we have a collection of colorless options all from the same dull, overextended tree of grey. Only burgundy is the stand out option, the road less traveled. and beige...c’mon. Beige is timeless, refined luxury. Hands down. My suggestion is rebranding burgundy: simply change the name of the color for your own reference. Call it maroon, Cabernet, crimson, deep red, black cherry or something more off beat - and never look back.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Burgundy w beige is the combo that I want and cannot find anywhere, so how bout this: you make me feel better instead? Ha! So if it does make you feel any better my opinion of Hyunda’s limited color wheel is this: 4 versions of grey, really? Throw in black&white and we have a collection of colorless options all from the same dull, overextended tree of grey. Only burgundy is the stand out option, the road less traveled. and beige...c’mon. Beige is timeless, refined luxury. Hands down. My suggestion is rebranding burgundy: simply change the name of the color for your own reference. Call it maroon, Cabernet, crimson, deep red, black cherry or something more off beat - and never look back.
We have the burgundy and beige and love it. Posted our pictures here if interested:

·
Registered
601 Posts
Burgundy/Beige? That's a beautiful color combo. Why would you want to drive a refrigerator (white) on wheels, or have a giant dirty looking scratched up black box on wheels? (have you ever owned a black car and tried to keep it clean and scratch-free?)

Burgundy was in my top 3 color choices while white and black were my bottom two color choices.

Enjoy your Burgundy! It's a rich color that makes your palisade look unique on the road. White and Black cars are anonymous colors that will be confused with several other makes/models of SUVs out there.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bob

yes Canada is different ....I wanted the white with beige interior and the burgundy is beige just like yours ! Yours must be beautiful! Thank you so much ..made me feel better .And youre right we are mostly inside of ours car so it is not such a big deal .You are very kind to write Ty :)
I wasn't crazy about my burgundy Palisade at first (I too wanted white) but wasn't willing to wait until I could find one. Now that I have it, I really like it, It has more of a rich, luxurious feel to it.
Thank you I am sticking with it .I agree they dont have great colors for the pallisade .and I will inspect he car first. and drive it .....The reason my color choice was limited was becasue I exchanged a 2021 sante fe calligraphy ......on the exchange program which has a time line .I am ok with it as I want to get grey wheels and it is a calligraphy ......the burgundy is ok I will post pics when I get it tomorrow night .and yes Canada ----all dirt ,salt and grey mud up here UGH
youre all wonderful I am aware of the wind noise and the smellI have brought it up ....I will ask again as I dont want he smell .you guys are awesome .Any recommendation for GRAY WHEELS 20 inch only .?

·
Registered
601 Posts
ask your dealer if they have some 20" Limited wheels from 2020 lying around for trade. To me that's the best looking wheel.
those 20" Calligraphy wheels are, uh, "unique"?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I also have burgundy with beige. It is a beautiful combination. Would have only preferred the blue with beige. 5,500 miles in 2 1/2 months. Loving it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
okay I bought the burgundy Love it --THEN someone promptly hit my back end ...worst luck ....it is not so bad just needs a light cover and upper bumper but getting anything during covid is horrific ....Ugh ....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts