Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just bought a lagoon silver limited but the only option for seats is the dark leather. Since we loved the outside color I am trying to learn to love the inside(I actually preferred the beige but not available with the lagoon.) I am ok with my decision, but does anyone actually love the dark seats? They seem to show everything (although I have been told the beige over time will show dirt more?) . They also don't seem to look as stylish as the lighter (I notice many advertisements use the lighter color as examples.) Again, I am not regretting, just wondering how many of you choose the black interior and why?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh grey yes, but mine are the black leather! Again, I don't hate them, just don't love them (but do really like the outside color so I knew this going in -lol.

·
Super Moderator
844 Posts
We liked the outside color also but chose white because we couldn't get the beige in the silver.
I don't really have a problem with the beige as the seats clean real easy with a good leather cleaner and conditioner.
If hyundai had the grey leather in the silver they couldn't produce enough

·
Registered
83 Posts
I too have the Lagoon Silver Limited and actually we really love the black seats and the black interior as they tend to hide any stains or blemishes easily. I haven't really found an issue with them showing anything more than any other color seat would.

I did like the Beige leather but you couldn't get that without having the brown trim and plastic which we really didn't care for. I agree with others that if they had offered a Grey interior with Nappa Seats that would have been the way to go.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I too have the Lagoon Silver Limited and actually we really love the black seats and the black interior as they tend to hide any stains or blemishes easily. I haven't really found an issue with them showing anything more than any other color seat would.

I did like the Beige leather but you couldn't get that without having the brown trim and plastic which we really didn't care for. I agree with others that if they had offered a Grey interior with Nappa Seats that would have been the way to go.
Exactly! would've loved that combo! Really wanted a blue exterior (not the dark blue but one of the lighter ones other models have , the lagoon had a slight blue tinge to it so that is what we went with. ) My son is a big fan of black interiors and he says they are classy so I guess I will "go with that idea ". Again, we bought what we bought and happy with it really, but even though it is a brand new model you would think you would have at least a couple choices to go with each color exterior( some other colors did but strangely not the one we chose lol!) Glad to hear some of you like yours though so maybe I will come to appreciate mine more.😇

·
Registered
83 Posts
We originally didn't want the Lagoon Silver when we were looking to buy one around the beginning of the year as we were wanting Steel Graphite or Rainforest but one of the dealers we had feelers out on texted my wife that they had a Lagoon Silver one they just got in and texted her the picture and she forwarded it to me and I was like "Not the color I wanted but that looks good!" I said this to myself by the way :). Later that day we were talking about it and both agreed that we liked that color now but didn't get that one as it was already accounted for. But a few weeks later we ended up getting the one we have and couldn't be happier with it.

·
Registered
821 Posts
I wanted this, which is not available in the US. Particularly since we bought the Sierra Burgundy one:

By the way, the Calligraphy in South Korea can get Khaki leather:

·
Registered
284 Posts
The beige is too white for my taste. I am happy with my green/black Nappa combination. The only other color I would have wanted is a darker brown/chestnut, which wasn't available obviously. You'll get used to the black.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Whoa. I don’t think I could live with that purple color......then again I drive an orange car.

Here’s some floor mats.....LOL
You need to get your eyes checked, man. Those seats are burgundy, not purple. Your avatar on this forum is purple...

·
Registered
3 Posts
We too have the lagoon silver limited with black interior. I think the color combination looks great, very classy. I like how the silver piping matches the exterior. Like others have said I would have picked a grey interior if it was available. And while I do think the beige interior looks interesting, I really don't like the brown plastics.

Never having had a black interior before I have found some good and bad. The bad is that it gets dirty quickly, dirt for some reason really shows up against the black. That being said it cleans up easily and looks brand new with a quick vacuum and wipe down. Just be careful not to touch the HVAC display, for some reason the plastic scratches very easily despite using only a microfiber cloth to clean. Everything else in the car looks brand new while the HVAC display looks 5 years old. Overall really think its been a great vehicle.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks all for your input! Glad to hear some of you really like the dark interior- hopefully it will grow on me too!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So does anyone have any thing they recommend to clean the HVAC display since it scratches so easily?

·
Registered
83 Posts
I just use the microfiber towel that I have for my sunglasses to wipe it down occasionally, haven't noticed any scratches yet either. THIS is what I have in the car to clean the sunglasses and it works great at cleaning the touch screen too!!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Yes. If they won't scratch my sunglasses I doubt they will scratch any screen. If you have ever owned a pair of Oakley's it is very similar to the material of the sunglass bag that comes with them.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have been using a Mother's microfiber cloth that I wax my car with, well one from the pack. It hasn't scratched in over a month. I did put a screen protector of the touch screen. It did not scratch when I cleaned it prior to putting it on.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I have been using a Mother's microfiber cloth that I wax my car with, well one from the pack. It hasn't scratched in over a month. I did put a screen protector of the touch screen. It did not scratch when I cleaned it prior to putting it on.
what screen protector did you apply?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Cheap amazon special. Was like 10 bucks. You can put your vehicle type in and it will give all types of accessories.

Infotainment screen only.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts