Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have issues with the vent controls? The flow when the heater is used is significantly weaker and it doesn’t get very warm? And yes the vents are open...

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hmm, we had our first cold morning in NC, 39*. Put the seat heaters on, steering wheel heater and HVAC dial turned to HI. My wife called in unbearably hot within 3 minutes.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmm, we had our first cold morning in NC, 39*. Put the seat heaters on, steering wheel heater and HVAC dial turned to HI. My wife called in unbearably hot within 3 minutes.
the strength of the air flow when the heater is on is low and the heat is weak.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've noticed that the heat is weak as well. I have an infared therometer, and pointed it at the vents and it does show that it's blowing heat, but it doesn't feel like it's strong enough. If I have it set to say 72, the air coming out is like 84.

·
Registered
121 Posts
any update on this? I feel that the heat is pretty weak too. I have it set at 74 and i feel cool air blowing out. weird. I have to turn it all the way up to feel the extra heat.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Did you toggle through the vent modes it does not always stay in the appropriate setting with 2 arrows for front and bottom as opposed to defrost etc. Then choose fan speed.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Did you toggle through the vent modes it does not always stay in the appropriate setting with 2 arrows for front and bottom as opposed to defrost etc. Then choose fan speed.
I did. I should be a bit more clear, the heating is working fine if I manually set the temp and the airflow. However, if I set the temp with "auto" on, the fan and heat is very low. I mean it was cold and I set the temp at max with "auto" on but it was not blasting heat. When I do this manually, set max heat with full fan, it is crazy hot. So I'm thinking if there is something wrong with the "auto" heating. Can't really try the AC yet. Can anyone try to use the heat with "auto" setting to see if it works?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Ahh Auto Heat. Hmm not sure what that does. I know what sync does. Figured Auto was sort of like sync but would back down fans or heat at some point. Whoever knows or looks in manual 1st wins:)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Auto is when the temp in the car is 50 but you set the temp to 70. The system will blast as much heat as needed to get it to 70. Once it does, it will slow down and will maintain that temp you set. I had my temp set at 74 with auto on and I know the inside temp of the car is nowhere near 74, I should see the system blasting heat out. But instead, it was very low fan and heat. I'm wondering if there is an issue with where they put the temp sensor.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Agree on Sync not on Auto exactly and similar behavior in my old Odyssey. The priority with AUTO seems to be to keep the Windows Clear of Fog and that is where most of the Fan and air noise are. I just tried this in my Palisade at 35 degrees F /61 percent Humidity and a couple minutes of idle and local drive and used Auto. You can hear the fans kick over to by the Dash front windshield. As soon as I changed the temp or flow back to me I had heat. As soon as hit Auto it returns to working on the windshield. If I recall from the manual it uses a combination of heat and AC to to Auto keep the windows clear. Of course it can not "see" the windows. Well I do not think it can lol:) It does watch the driver's attention.

In short there are so many variables, Humidity, inside temp, outside temp, windshield temp, distance of front passengers to windshield breathing on it, engine temp, etc.

-I do not think we can expect warmth of passenger to be the 1st priority. I will also say I have always hated Auto in other cars because I like the fans on around 1 or 2 out of 5 or they make too much noise. Auto tends to keep them around 4/5, Noisy and usually goes for the wind shield vents. Also I had no fog on my windows when I changed it back to the way I wanted.... Fans on me:)

·
Registered
529 Posts
Agree on Sync not on Auto exactly and similar behavior in my old Odyssey. The priority with AUTO seems to be to keep the Windows Clear of Fog and that is where most of the Fan and air noise are. I just tried this in my Palisade at 35 degrees F /61 percent Humidity and a couple minutes of idle and local drive and used Auto. You can hear the fans kick over to by the Dash front windshield. As soon as I changed the temp or flow back to me I had heat. As soon as hit Auto it returns to working on the windshield. If I recall from the manual it uses a combination of heat and AC to to Auto keep the windows clear. Of course it can not "see" the windows. Well I do not think it can lol:) It does watch the driver's attention.

In short there are so many variables, Humidity, inside temp, outside temp, windshield temp, distance of front passengers to windshield breathing on it, engine temp, etc.

-I do not think we can expect warmth of passenger to be the 1st priority. I will also say I have always hated Auto in other cars because I like the fans on around 1 or 2 out of 5 or they make too much noise. Auto tends to keep them around 4/5, Noisy and usually goes for the wind shield vents. Also I had no fog on my windows when I changed it back to the way I wanted.... Fans on me:)
I had the exact opposite experience: left the Palisade on auto, and I had condensation building up on the windshield. I use the front defogger to clear it up, but as soon as I set it back to auto, the condensation was back.

PS: the car doesn't watch your attention. There is no camera watching the driver like there is on some other cars. It watches how long since you last stopped and how many times you trigger the lane departure warning.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Thanks Eric was not sure about inside the car camera thing... Interesting to have it act by lane departure. Think they both valuable tools for avoiding accidents.

-Agree Auto in many cars is not consistant, I have not used it in the Palisade till now to test.
Our experience was not the opposite.. I had no fog in any of the settings on my test, just wanted the heat for me not the clear cold window:) I think Auto is crap shoot. When I have some time ill more carefully read that part of the manual. Front and Rear Defrost naturally do their job had plenty of fog other times without auto that was cleared well.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I would think Auto should just be blasting heat/AC to get the interior to the set Temp. Nothing to do with defogging. It should automatically blast air to where it thinks it's needed. In my case, the air and heat were very low and I believe it should be hotter. When i turn off auto and use manual at the same temp, I can feel the heat. so i'm thinking the Auto temp of the car is not functioning correctly. My 2006 Honda Odyssey would work the way I just describe. When in Auto mode, it would blow strong fan and heat to get to the set temp and then slowly lower the fan and heat to maintain it.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Hey safe, your technically correct page 3-172 in manual is start of Automatic climate control settings. However, it appears on 3-182 there is also an Automatic humidity control that prioritizes anti-fogging. It can be turned off.

Anyway for me at least im happier defrosting as needed and adjusting temp and fans as desired. Perhaps on longer trips that also entail big fogging issues i would prefer the 2 automatic settings.

Only way to ensure passenger comfort under some conditions is to not use auto. Have not tested nuking Auto humidity but leaving Auto climate on.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts