Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if others are having the same problem with the Heads Up Display (HUD) - I have to adjust the position closer to the bottom of the windshield and it seems to reset itself after the car is parked for some period of time. For example I adjust the position to 2 (default is 5) and generally for the rest of the day it stays at 2. But when I start the car the next morning the setting is back at 5. I'm the only one that has the keys so no one is messing with me, but it happens consistently. Anyone else seeing this behavior?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Did you store your settings in the Seat Memory position 1 or 2?
Even if you are the only driver save all of your seat position, side view mirror position, and the HUD positions to memory and it "should" keep everything in place.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks decoguys. Didn't think of that, but that does make sense. It did seem to fix the problem, tomorrow morning will tell.

·
Registered
15 Posts
It seems to me like it forgets the HUD display height if I park the car and turn it off, but stay in until it hits the 5 minute power-off of the radio. Like if I stop in a park to eat lunch and listen to the radio until it turns off. The next time I start the car, later that day, it will have forgotten the HUD height. Pretty sure I can reproduce this on demand now. And yeah, I have my settings saved as driver 1... Very odd!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I tried the situation you described - I parked in the garage, turned the vehicle off and waited for the power to turn off (it happened after 3 minutes in my car). Left the car parked for several hours and when I went out the HUD was still at the same height I had set it to (height set to 2, 5 is default). Sorry I couldn't duplicate it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I tried the situation you described - I parked in the garage, turned the vehicle off and waited for the power to turn off (it happened after 3 minutes in my car). Left the car parked for several hours and when I went out the HUD was still at the same height I had set it to (height set to 2, 5 is default). Sorry I couldn't duplicate it.
Thanks for trying. That should break it. In my case it's actually the next startup after that, but you should have noticed it. When I let the car power down to eat my lunch, and then start it back up, the HUD is right. But then it's usually that evening when driving home from work that the HUD height is reset - so it's the second time driving it after letting it power down. But yeah - you should have noticed it the next time you drove it anyway. Very odd - thank you very much for trying!

·
Registered
15 Posts
As I pay more attention, it seems like it forgets the HUD display height if I move the seat to a different setting, then restore with the '1' button on the door. The NEXT TIME I drive the vehicle the HUD display height is wrong. It's like using the driver memory setting resets the HUD height the next time around. Very weird...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts