Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My heads-up display brightness keeps fluctuating and seems very dim for the most part and my settings are set at 20 which is max. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Are you, by chance, wearing glasses with polarized lenses? If so, that's the cause of the varying brightness and visibility of the HUD. I had to purchase sunglasses with non-polarized lenses to use while driving the Palisade.

Note that this is true for virtually all HUD implementations.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’m not wearing any sunglasses and notice the brightness fluctuates primarily during night time. It’s brighter and normal during the day but gets dimmer at night.

·
Super Moderator
1,760 Posts
press setup then under display.
you can see all the settings on pages 9-35---9-37
in the car infotainment system quick reference guide

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don’t have page 9-35 to 9-37 in my owners manual and it looks like the dealership did not provide any other manual. Interesting

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks like the Display settings do not control the heads-up display. My HUD still changes the brightness during day and night and is very dull/dim at night even though the HUD brightness is at 20. Perhaps it’s a defective HUD.

·
Super Moderator
1,760 Posts
You should be able to go to myhyundai.com and download the other manuals.
Did you check the under floor space under the back hatch. That is where they
put most of the manuals. If not there go back to dealership and tell them you want them

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
176 Posts
Yes, HUD is invisible when driving in daylight. Dealership is replacing the display.
Several questions to be asked:

You say it’s invisible in daylight… what about at night?

When you notice it’s invisible, are you wearing polarized sunglasses? If so, tilt your head (or take them off). You’ll see it.

Last thing if nothing else is the case… have you had your windshield replaced? It may have been replaced with the wrong type for your vehicle since it has a HUD.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts