Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you that have this feature, don't You love the blind spot image that appears in the HUD? I find it much more helpful and safer than other cars where it just shows up in the side view mirrors.

comments?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Definitely. The blind spot warning showing up in the dash, in the HUD, and coupled with the blind-spot cameras, makes it very difficult to miss something in your blind-spot!

·
Registered
71 Posts
For those of you that have this feature, don't You love the blind spot image that appears in the HUD? I find it much more helpful and safer than other cars where it just shows up in the side view mirrors.

comments?
I agree. I am actually now relying more on the HUD than even the blind spot cameras...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yes, for sure. I love everything about what is displayed on the HUD. One thing to point out, at least on our Palisade, was that the HUD blind spot icons were not enabled by default. I discovered that you can enable them after digging through the menu options.

·
Registered
126 Posts
B09676, I initially thought I was going to hate this feature figuring that it would be too distracting, however, this is my absolute favorite thing because you no longer have to take your eyes off the road to see the speed you are going, whether or not there is a car next to you, the radio station you are changing to and/or your driving directions. The only thing that I did was change the display color from white to orange....I noticed green was another option. What color version does everyone else use?

Aspehals posted the differences: Limited VS Fully loaded SEL

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
B09676, I initially thought I was going to hate this feature figuring that it would be too distracting, however, this is my absolute favorite thing because you no longer have to take your eyes off the road to see the speed you are going, whether or not there is a car next to you, the radio station you are changing to and/or your driving directions. The only thing that I did was change the display color from white to orange....I noticed green was another option. What color version does everyone else use?
White, but there are some items that still show up in color.

·
Registered
184 Posts
This is the second/third major feature that I missed by not purchasing the Limited trim (having bench seating is a must for me).

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's true, however the captain chairs look much richer and for kids it provides easy access to the 3rd row seats.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi, I'm currently looking to purchase a Palisade. I won't be able to get a bench 2nd row seat in the Limited?
Yes that is the case. They would have been a deal breaker for me in the past as I have four kids and we often have 8 people in the car. My oldest two are now off at college so we finally can go to a 7 seater car. The Subaru Ascent has the same thing in which their highest trim only has captains chairs. I guess they asume if you have a lot of kids you’re on a tight budget lol. Maybe Palisade will change this option on 2021 models

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have 3 kids whom for some reason wants to sit with each other (they are young and still likes to talk and play with each other). So for me a bench is a must as none of my kids wants to sit alone in the 3rd row. The 3rd row would be too tight for all 3. The sacrifices we make for our kids! Lol

·
Registered
37 Posts
what's Drive Guidance?
That's the option on the SEL that gives you:

1) Navigation with 10.25-inch touchscreen
2) Highway Drive Assist (HDA)
3) SiriusXM Radio
4) HD Radio
5) Driver Talk (In-car intercom)
6) Multiple device connection
7) Blue Link Connected Car System

i was saying they could have given the HUD as well along with that.

·
Super Moderator
1,760 Posts
I've been driving cars with HUD for my last couple of cars now, They are great.
When shopping for a SUV number one on my list was HUD. That is why some
got bumped right off . VW Atlas , Acura MDX , Honda Pilot , Subaru Accent.
Were a few that got bumped. HUD and surround view are first two things on
my list.
It is to bad they can't be added to the SEL as some families need the seating for 8

·
Registered
126 Posts
OK thx. Just curious - is the fully loaded SEL still less money than a Limited?
I believe so because a fully loaded SEL still does not have all of the features that the Limited does. For example, and not just the different grill and rims, but the digital cluster and heated and cooled captains chairs.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts