Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2020 palisade SEL and live in northern NJ. I keep getting high Beamed from drivers coming at me. My high beams are off and it keeps happening. Is there something wrong with the level or direction of my headlights? Has anyone else experienced this?
Let me know what you think I should do

Thanks

-Mark-

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Should I contact Hyundai about this issue? has anyone else noticed they blind oncoming drivers?
I looked at the headlights and it appears to have the standard adjustment screws for the beams so maybe I can level them lower or direct them away from drivers

·
Registered
264 Posts
Should I contact Hyundai about this issue? has anyone else noticed they blind oncoming drivers?
I looked at the headlights and it appears to have the standard adjustment screws for the beams so maybe I can level them lower or direct them away from drivers
First before taking any action I would ask: "Have you ever thought someone else's low beams were high beams when driving" My answer is yes. The lights on the Palisade are very bright but I doubt they are exceeding NHTSA standards. I would also have the dealership check them prior to making any adjustments yourself.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
First before taking any action I would ask: "Have you ever thought someone else's low beams were high beams when driving" My answer is yes. The lights on the Palisade are very bright but I doubt they are exceeding NHTSA standards. I would also have the dealership check them prior to making any adjustments yourself.
believe me I thought the exact same thing. but coming home last night in the dark my low beams only were on and I got flashed 6 times!!! in a 5 mile stretch. its also weird because it seems I can see directly into other cars

·
Registered
264 Posts
Said with a smile on my face, perhaps it was the same drivers as before. I would still advise having the dealership check the beam alignment prior to making any decisions to adjust the beams on your own.

·
Registered
212 Posts
The lights on the Palisade are extremely bright. They also allowed the car to earn the highest safety rating ever.

·
Registered
150 Posts
It's possible that because the Palisade lights are situated lower, they might have to be angled slightly higher than the typical headlights that are mounted higher to begin with. By the time the beam hits the oncoming car, especially a lower profile sedan, the beam could be coming above the hood just enough to blind the driver. Though I do think this is one of the things that would be tested extensively prior to production.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mark I also live in northern NJ (saw my first Palisade out in the wild yesterday since buying mine 3 weeks ago) and I got high beamed last week but there was a police officer not very far up the road from the car that high beamed me. Was there a police speed trap near where you were? Sometimes people flash to alert drivers in opposite direction of a police officer nearby.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nope. This was standard night and driving home I got high beemed on 5 different occasions. All different people.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am a new Palisade owner and got high beamed 3 times on my first night drive! :)

One guy persistently blasted me from across the intersection until I blasted him back with my high beams.

Headlights are brighter and whiter nowadays, I hope people just become more accustomed to the LED lights and stop blinking me.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Let me know what you think I should do
If you want to check the level of your lights, go park on level ground about 20 feet away from a wall. Turn the lights on. Measure the height from the ground to the cutoff of the headlight and then from the ground to the center of the headlight projector on your car. If the beam on the wall is the same or higher than your headlight itself, your lights are pointed up and in need of adjustment. They should be an inch or two lower on the wall then on your car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you want to check the level of your lights, go park on level ground about 20 feet away from a wall. Turn the lights on. Measure the height from the ground to the cutoff of the headlight and then from the ground to the center of the headlight projector on your car. If the beam on the wall is the same or higher than your headlight itself, your lights are pointed up and in need of adjustment. They should be an inch or two lower on the wall then on your car.
Thanks for the tip, will follow this suggestion.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I will have to do this one night!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts