Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Summer bugs are piling up on the front (here in arizona). the headlights might be the most beautiful exterior feature of the car and I am really looking to avoid scratches, hazing, fogging on these headlights!

Any tips for how you care for your headlights? I'm just planning on car soap and microfiber, but was curious if someone out there has better tips.

google searching always results in headlight restoration.. which im not looking to do that on brand new headlights of course. I just love the look of brand new headlights and hate when they start to haze and fog. any detailing tips would be awesome!

· Super Moderator
2021 Palisade Calligraphy AWD
838 Posts
If you ceramic coat the Pali then just coat the headlights as well, the bugs and grime will just wipe off.

Reactions: R!CK and Strake

· Administrator
2,626 Posts
You can also purchase 3M protection clear film on Amazon for headlights
They also have a spray protection that is peelable after it starts to cloud here in our great dust storms
I'm also from AZ and people don't know how our headlamps get, until they have been here for awhile.

· Registered
499 Posts
I used the ceramic coating method. Bug debris comes right off without scratching the plastic. On the other hand, the film method can be more easily removed and replaced if needed after a few years. Both provide some UV light protection to prevent hazing and yellowing of the lens. Whichever, you are right to protect that expensive plastic lens housing.

· Registered
105 Posts
I just did the entire Pali with this stuff. You can set the bottle on the hood and it will slide off ... LOL. Thismorning I was heading to the doc, and notice a bird bombed my hood. As I was driving (obsessing on the bird poop), I noticed the bird bomb start to almost vibrate. A couple seconds later, it flew off. Like in it's entirety.

The stuff is spray and wipe, really easy.

Material property Liquid Drink Font Pattern
\

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.