Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all
I jus bought my Palisade-Preferred 3 days ago in Canada. Immediately after the delivery, i could see the front indicator panel and the headlights fogging. Although the weather is extreme here, i don't think the headlight panels should fog!
20200206_201152.jpg
20200206_201125.jpg
Does anyone face the same issue?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi all
I jus bought my Palisade-Preferred 3 days ago in Canada. Immediately after the delivery, i could see the front indicator panel and the headlights fogging. Although the weather is extreme here, i don't think the headlight panels should fog! View attachment 773 View attachment 774 Does anyone face the same issue?
I read about this in the manual. Says it's normal. Page 7-61.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi all
I jus bought my Palisade-Preferred 3 days ago in Canada. Immediately after the delivery, i could see the front indicator panel and the headlights fogging. Although the weather is extreme here, i don't think the headlight panels should fog! View attachment 773 View attachment 774 Does anyone face the same issue?
Yes I’m two weeks into mine. Just noticed mine all fogged up after driving through rain. Mine are led so they are not supposed to get hot. I live in Florida so don’t get the extreme temp shift.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
310 Posts
Yes I’m two weeks into mine. Just noticed mine all fogged up after driving through rain. Mine are led so they are not supposed to get hot. I live in Florida so don’t get the extreme temp shift.
LEDs do get warm or hot.
That's why if you look at many aftermarket LED bulbs they have heatsinks

·
Registered
9 Posts
You are correct in that led do get warm. Led put out about 20 % of the heat that a compatible halogen or filament bulb. Given they are cooked sometimes by fans or as you say heat sinks to improve longevity there is no way the heat emitted should cause fogging up. A fogged up head light does not illuminate properly as it is diffused and not focused

·
Registered
663 Posts
modern cars do not have sealed beam headlamps anymore so fogging is normal for any car, not just your palisade.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Cool your dealer found yours defective and will be replacing yours under warranty, but that still doesn't take away from the fact that modern headlights will show some fogging or water droplets at times due to their unsealed designs. The OP's pictures actually look like excessive fogging to me. That much fogging can end up leaving some severe water spotting inside the lens. OP, did you take yours in to the dealer?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts