Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The battery drained down because I left the accessory switch on overnight. Now it's completely dead. I can't get it to jumpstart using my Trek Pow booster/charger. I'm not sure I'm getting a good connection to the positive terminal because it's inset in the battery cover. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2020 Palisade SEL Lagoon Silver
287 Posts
The battery drained down because I left the accessory switch on overnight. Now it's completely dead. I can't get it to jumpstart using my Trek Pow booster/charger. I'm not sure I'm getting a good connection to the positive terminal because it's inset in the battery cover. Any suggestions?
I don't know that booster/charger but do the clamps not close down tight enough to grip the piece circled in Yellow?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So you're saying the clamp should contact the nut/bolt AND the flat metal piece sticking up? I'll try again. Is it generally ok to leave the charger connected for a while since it will not crank right away? Thank you!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Like I said, I'm not familiar with the booster you have but if you can connect to any of those pieces of metal, you are connected to the positive terminal. Check the manual that comes with the booster for how long you can leave it connected safely

·
Registered
18 Posts
Doesn't need to be right on the post. Any metal itself connected will carry the current. Negative can connect anywhere it will safely ground but not to neg post to avoid sparking. In the days of metal bumpers, touching bumpers completed the circuit! I bought, 25 years ago, booster cables that plugged together 6 ft out from car. Came with short length with ring terminals. I "permanently" installed in my vehicle and connection plug was conveniently installed in grill. Long section had clamps and a polarity light showing properly connected to other vehicle. Plugs only went together one way. Convenient and fool proof.

·
Registered
5 Posts
What is an accessory switch?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Accessory power on mine 2020 Palisade SEL shuts off automatically after about 10 minutes. Does yours stay on?
Not sure. I also have the SEL with just the convenience package. But I don't use the accessory power, never found a need to use it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The inverter power in both Kia and Hyundai is designed to switch off after 10 or 15 minutes. It is a safety feature. Used one in Kia Sorento once in 7 years. Can be useful if using a 120V compact air compressor...better than 12V.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts