Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks. Been talking with dealers, and no one carries AWD here. Due to various reasons (road trips, mountains) AWD is a non-negotiable for us. Any tips on finding an AWD SEL in California? Would drive hours to pick it up. Any dealers willing to ship one in?

·
Super Moderator
850 Posts
There are AWD's here in the Phoenix, AZ area. It cost's about $1.00 per mile to have shipped or driven there.
You can always buy here drive there and use another dealership for service.
What color combination are you looking for?
limited and sel models here, what addons do you want for the sel?
Will look them up for you

·
Super Moderator
850 Posts
No burgundy AWD that is one of the hardest colors to find anywhere.
If you go to Hyundaiusa.com and put in sel or limited AWD don't select any other
color you can find what is in your area. My area is 85304 if you want to look
which ones are in this area.
Also there is grey cloth or leather

·
Registered
441 Posts
Car Gurus is really good tool to and you do not need to sign up. Once you find what you want for price u want including VIn. You verify the configuration on the dealer web site which will have PDF of window sticker which is the only thing 100 percent accurate configuration wise. Hyundai site is ok but has more “noise” less precise search. Also u did not
mention 7/8 seater or sunroof. Most of base Sel are 7 seater which i have. Side Note Love my Palisade but if your spending as much (non discounted) as convience package which also comes with sunroof your close to a price of an EX Telluride which is closer in feature set to Premium with Drivers package and comes with 18 inch wheels which i prefer.

·
Super Moderator
850 Posts
Have you thought about ordering exactly what you want?
If you can wait you will be sure and have what you want
not just settling for what you can get.
Have you gone to hyundaiusa.com and compared the features
for the cars?
My wife and I made a list of our must haves
list of nice to have.
Can't do without list.
Then found out the only way we were going to get what
we wanted was to order one.
Good luck in your search

·
Registered
441 Posts
Good Luck in your search. Has ok well Cloth rules at Telluride if no Cloth is deal breaker. They only have P-Leather and Leather. I really liked both cars. Found the Palisade a little more elegant inside and out and the Telluride "sporty" but nice. There were Pros and Cons to both at different trim levels like I said EX is a bit of value coming more or less like a Premium with Drivers package for less.

Do look at all the features that matter to you because it can get really confusing and the dealers are sometimes the opposite of helpful. For example the SEL comes with Key fob remote but not Blue Link remote or XM, or HD radio all part of the Premium Drivers Package. Meanwhile the Kia I believe only has Blue Link option at EX and above if I am not mistaken.

I was coming from EXL 20005 Odyssey so all the features that time has brought forward I am plenty enamored with feature set. If I had wanted to splurge for the extra about 4-5K for EX Telluride or 6-7 for Premium drivers I would have. It would have been tough to choose as it was. Really came down to available inventory, price and dealers near by I was willing to frequent.

And Yeah as Gene said list is great but it can somewhat of trap waiting and paying more ordering potentially versus dealer selling something on the lot. That said a local Kia dealer here was "reasonable" they could knock 500 off sticker, hold a car for small deposit that was inbound. They had access to list of inbound cars to them about 2 months out to choose from.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I use them constantly in my car, and used them constantly during the test drive. Makes a big difference if you want to have control over your gearing and torque.

·
Registered
780 Posts
If you're driving so aggressively that you're worried about being able control your gearing and torque and need AWD to keep from spinning the wheels, you may be better off looking at something like an Explorer ST.

·
Super Moderator
850 Posts
Thanks. Did you order through a dealer, or Hyundai?
Ordered from a dealer, put down $500.00 with a written agreement to not
ask over MSRP but I would get all the discounts that were available when
I had them order. If more discounts were available when I got the palisade
I'd get them also.
That was after I talked them in to the holdback which was $1300.00.
Since they also sell Genesis They gave me $1000.00 over what I got
offered at several other dealerships.
I too like the sport facture of the explorer st but not at that price. I could get
a fully loaded 2019 Mercedes GLE for that.
In short use a dealer who will give deal in writing. If they can't get your car
within a time limit you can back out and get the full down payment back

·
Super Moderator
850 Posts
Hey folks. Been talking with dealers, and no one carries AWD here. Due to various reasons (road trips, mountains) AWD is a non-negotiable for us. Any tips on finding an AWD SEL in California? Would drive hours to pick it up. Any dealers willing to ship one in?
These were the prices for different configurations before the new jump in pricing
2020 Hyundai Palisade Pricing and Models:
2020 Hyundai Palisade SE:

SE front-wheel-drive (FWD) $31,550
SE all-wheel-drive (AWD) $33,250
Front-wheel drive is standard, with all-wheel drive being a $1700 option

2020 Hyundai Palisade SEL front-wheel-drive (FWD):

SEL FWD $33,500
SEL FWD (Sunroof) $34,400
SEL FWD (8-Seat) $33,500
SEL FWD (Sunroof + 8-Seat) $34,400
SEL FWD (Convenience) $36,600
SEL FWD (Convenience + Drive Guidance) $37,850