Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
I had a 'road closed sign" carried by a gust of wind get blown into mine. Fortunate that the only damage appears to be to the PPF I had installed. At shop now to see how many sections of the film might need to be replaced.

·
Super Moderator
557 Posts
The first week i had mine ex daughter-in law scratched plastic fairing under rear bumper with her front license plate mount bolts because she parked way to close $232 dealer had to remove rear bumper to replace but wife would not let me make the dummy pay for it.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I noticed that chrome trim piece sticks out from the rear bumper, and it's hard plastic rather than flexible urethane (unless I'm mistaken). So this piece will get cracked by idiots who park using Braille. Now we know it cost over 200 dollars to replace it, eh?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Since these cars all appear to have front end damage it makes me wonder what the circumstances were. Was collision avoidance engaged? If engaged did it fail? was the crash somehow unavoidable? Just curious.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Probably owners 'testing' the forward collision assist. Without reading the paragraph in the manual that tells you it will attempt to slow your vehicle to lessen or avoid impact. We get posts from those folks on these forums pretty often.

Please don't try to test the forward collision assist.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I’ve had two separate parking incidents where I was depending on the cameras and the alert system, which both failed me. (Mainly because the point of initial impact was towards or on the side of the Palisade). One tore up the passenger bumper. Cost me $1400 for that one!

·
Super Moderator
1,760 Posts
I’ve had two separate parking incidents where I was depending on the cameras and the alert system, which both failed me. (Mainly because the point of initial impact was towards or on the side of the Palisade). One tore up the passenger bumper. Cost me $1400 for that one!
AnnaW
Just curious, what trim level is your Palisade, limited, SEL, SEL with options, SE

·
Super Moderator
1,760 Posts
My car several years ago I had the same kind of damage several times.
I got a Genesis and it had the surround view, Car cost to much to repair
So I got used to using the surround view, helped me
Now with the Palisade, you have the limited as I do, the surround view
is a real help. It is fairly big and higher up than some cars, I would have
had a ding if I hadn't started checking that most of the time.
While the front and rear sensors help they don't do anything for us at the
corners or sides. Blind stop detection only helps when you are in motion.
Hope you have better luck with the parking lots

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
How long did it take to fix the bumper?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes, Add me to the list. My wife was rear ended in our brand new '21 Palisade. Guess I now hold the record, it had only 194 miles on it (with still the paper tags on it.) To say, I was a little frustrated, bewildered and yes, angry (given new car and perfect weather conditions) is an understatement. That said (and vented), MOST iimportantly, my wife and daughter were not injured. (Only the lower bumper cover, no damage to frame and/or the tailgate according to the Collision repair place. (Tailgate will need to be aligned though.).

Other person's insurance paying for all repair costs and a rental. (Will have back this Friday, after the incident occurred about 2 weeks ago. Damn, we were so excited as a family too) Definitely put a downer on Christmas this year. I try to look at the big picture, even though I am a 'dweller'...that no one was injured, I am employed, family is healthy (no Covid). The vehicle can and will be fixed and I am hoping that a White Pearl (Hyper White) can be matched. Collision place indicated it will be 'as though nothing happened.'

I do intend to follow up with the other person's insurance and 'try' to negotiate a 'diminished value.' With 194 miles on the odometer, less than a week old, I will (someday) be out thousands on the reduced value if/when I try to sell it. (We do keep our vehicles about 10 years, so maybe this is minimal impact.)

Ok, there I go again, focus on the positive, focus on what you can control :) :) Be safe out there.

UPDATE: BUMPER GOOD, PAINT MATCH PERFECT, UNFORTUNATELY, GAP/MISALIGNMENT WHERE TAILGATE MEETS SIDE BODY PANELS AT THE TOP. PERFECT ON PASSENGER SIDE, DRIVER SIDE HAS A GAP/MIS-ALIGNMENT. TAKEN BACK TWICE, STILL TRYING TO GET THIS CORRECTED. COLLISON AUTO-BODY SEEM HESITANT TO TOUCH IT (THE TAILGATE). GAPS AROUND 3/4 OF IT ARE FINE, JUST THE DRIVER SIDE TOP CORNER. MAN, REALLY STINKS BEING INVOLVED IN A BRAND NEW CAR THAT GETS REAR-ENDED. HARD/IMPOSSIBLE TO GET BACK TO WHAT IT WAS.... AT LEAST NO ONE WAS INJURED. I AM SEEKING DIMINISHED VALUE FROM THE OTHER PERSON'S INSURANCE AS WELL.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Rear door was dinged in a parking lot. I have to admit I was totally shocked how well Geico treated me through the entire process. First rate with not 1 complaint!

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm looking at installing a hitch and get a step unit for it primarily for rear end protection. Had damage to another vehicle on lower rear bumper. Removed it and repaired it myself using fibreglass and bit of body filler. Not at all visible. If just a dent, try pouring boiling water over it or a suction gizmo such as a mini toilet plunger.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited aka White Chariot
10 Posts
I had an incident where the car ahead of me was stopped at a light at the crosswalk. He seemed to be about 3 feet from the crosswalk giving pedestrians plenty of walking space. I came up behind him giving him a good 4-5 feet of space. There was one car to my left at the crosswalk and no one behind me. For no known reason that I could see, I see this guys reverse lights come on and I see him backing up... I started leaning on the horn but he did not stop. I put my car in reverse and looked in the rear view mirror, and of course by this time there were cars behind me. I could not move out of the way of this car backing into my semi new Palisade. I braced for the impact and was forever grateful that it was a soft tap. It was a small pickup truck, low to the ground. The driver looked shocked like I was the one who hit him. He was not even aware that his car was moving backwards. I wondered why he was moving back as there were no pedestrians, and he had about 3 feet of room before the crosswalk. Anyway, I checked my White Chariot and I didn't see any visual damage. I decided not to make anything of it since I couldn't prove that he backed into me, and the driver, while still in his car with the windows rolled up, was making threatening moves with his hands as if it was my fault.

Since I didn't see any damage, I let it go. Until I got home some 2 hours later and really inspected the front silver tiny bumper (I think it's called a Valance). For some stupid reason, I thought it was chrome. Nope, it's ABS plastic covered with some aluminum colored tape which now sports a nice crack, only noticeable if you go looking for it. A few days later I learned that the "tap" actually dislodged my radar. I could no longer use the adaptive cruise control that slows down the car when approaching a car in front. Cruise control worked, but the little car that shows in the dash when approaching a vehicle ahead was no longer displaying, and my White Chariot was no longer slowing down when coming up to a car in front. I was going to take it to the dealer to fix, but the snowstorms here in NYC were so bad, I decided to wait. Good thing I waited. I know "a guy" that said he can fix it. He went underneath and found that the bracket was slightly bent. When I tested it after he straightened it, it still didn't work. He went under again and found that it actually had clip that had become dislodged. He gave it a good bang with his palm, and the clip snapped into place. I am happy to report that my adaptive cruise control with stop and go is working perfectly. I found out that the bumper cost $100 to buy. I figured NYC parking is terrible, so I will wait to fix it after it gets "tapped" again. I Looooove my 2020 White Palisades limited aka White Chariot

1 - 19 of 19 Posts