Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife got a message on her phone phone saying that "a vehicle door is unlocked". We thought that was strange since we'd both been in the house for a couple of hours, and we were not near any remotes for vehicles, and our cars were in our locked garage.

I went out to the garage, and our AWD Limited Palisade's hatch was half way open and the interior lights were on. The garage was still locked and there was nothing near the vehicle. I pushed the button on the hatch, and it beeped and closed.

This is a bit disconcerting that the hatch would open on its own (half way) with nobody near a remote and nobody near the vehicle. I searched the forums and nobody else seems to have reported this problem.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
99% of the time when something like this happens, someone either didn't quite shut it right/something got caught while closing it, or something pressed button when the key fob was in a pocket/purse.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
99% of the time when something like this happens, someone either didn't quite shut it right/something got caught while closing it, or something pressed button when the key fob was in a pocket/purse.
Yep, I realize that. The problem is, none of those situations occurred here. Plus the fact that the hatch opened by itself only half way.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That actually seems more consistent with a button press in a pocket. If you press the button again while it is opening/closing, I believe it will stop it mid stroke.
It does sound that way. However, my wife and I were not near the remotes. Both remotes were lying in a cabinet with nothing near them or touching them. Thanks for trying to come up with a solution though. I was just wondering if anybody else had encountered this.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I've never seen any mention of this in any of the palisade forums.

This is a very common issue in new Honda's though (although it's usually the windows all rolling down) and it always seems to be from a key in a pocket.

When you say that the keys were in a cabinet, was this at the time of the alert or for a long period of time prior to receiving the alert. I have forgot to lock my car a few times and have found it sometimes takes a while for the notification to come through.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've never seen any mention of this in any of the palisade forums.

This is a very common issue in new Honda's though (although it's usually the windows all rolling down) and it always seems to be from a key in a pocket.

When you say that the keys were in a cabinet, was this at the time of the alert or for a long period of time prior to receiving the alert. I have forgot to lock my car a few times and have found it sometimes takes a while for the notification to come through.
The car had been in our attached garage for a couple of hours, and the remotes were in the cabinet all during that time. I'd even stepped back out to the garage about 20 minutes after we'd returned home to put some recycling into a container 20 feet from the Pali, and I took note that it was looking fine then.

My wife received the alert a couple of hours later. That's when I looked back out into the garage and saw the hatch half way opened and the interior lights on. Again, nobody touched any remotes and nobody was near the car (and it was checked on 20 minutes after the remotes had been put away). This definitely isn't "operator error".

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yep, I realize that. The problem is, none of those situations occurred here. Plus the fact that the hatch opened by itself only half way.
For the past few months my trunk has automatically been opening, sometimes in the middle of the night even. My keys are nowhere near my vehicle or in my purse. Sometimes it happens multiple times a day and other times ot goes days without acting up. Very weird.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts