Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband and I got our 2020 Palisade in Oct. This past week we have been noticing that when it goes into 5th gear it will rev up and shift hard into the gear. Its 3 months old with 3000 miles. And just today we are getting a warning about the collision avoidance sensor.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My husband and I got our 2020 Palisade in Oct. This past week we have been noticing that when it goes into 5th gear it will rev up and shift hard into the gear. Its 3 months old with 3000 miles. And just today we are getting a warning about the collision avoidance sensor.
300miles here on our limted 2wheel dr. Yes i have experienced hard shifting and some hesitations going in and out of lower gears. It should not be that way

·
Super Moderator
1,764 Posts
Time to visit the dealer. The Transmission has a learning mode and can get itself confused.
Ask the dealership to reset the Transmission to the OEM specs

·
Registered
5 Posts
Is this on sport mode? Have you tried in comfort mode? The shifts are alot smother on comfort. There supposed to be the smoothest in snow mode. Give it a try, or do you have an update?

·
Registered
184 Posts
I feel some hard shifting only at slow speed when say I let it roll from 20 mph to 14 mph. At around the 15mph, I feel the hard down shift. That's me just letting the vehicle slowly roll, not stepping on the gas pedal.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Probably not the same thing but I was experiencing some odd shifting points and I questioned if it was the level of fuel I was using. Long story short, I have tried the various levels of fuel...several different times as a test (the first 6 fill ups)...and when using 87 I noticed the car has odd shift points and the revs seem off. I found that I had to put it into Sport mode to make it seem "normal"...but even sport mode has its oddities. When I use 93 the car rides smooth and feels like it did during my test drive.

·
Super Moderator
1,764 Posts
87 octane runs fine, that is what car was designed to use. More likely the type of gas you are using. Always buy top tier gas. Discount places buy the fuel that's left in the bottom of the tankers or they fail to check their tanks for water.
Also if it is really cold out, when you first start out, may shift a little harder as engine is running faster to make up for cold.Should run better after car is warmed up

·
Registered
10 Posts
My wife brought her's in this morning. She was experiencing hard shifts when driving to work, and sometimes while driving home, the engine would race, as if the car was in Neutral, before shifting hard back into Drive. So after 8 hours at the dealership, she was told it needs a new transmission. The car has just over 2200 miles. The tech said when they openned the tranny, it was filled with 'FOAM'. They think a seal failed, and allowed air to enter the tranny and foam up. So the tranny was slipping and hard shifting. So now she is in a loaner Santa Fe until they get her car fixed. No word on how long.

And to think, I talked her out of buying a Subaru Ascent, because they had issues with their CVT transmissions. Hmmmm.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts