Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who has compared the handling differences in the FWD limited vs the handling in the AWD (HTRAC) limited Palisade.
I purchased the limited with HTRAC but got the opportunity to drive a FWD limited trim for two days.
There is a difference to me. Took both on the Apache trail in Arizona, this is a real twisty road. Could only take the road part way as part was shut down due to the fire and then storm tearing up the road.
I did get to drive most of the way, And I feel a big difference. Maybe it is the torque vectoring in the HTRAC, But the sharp turns were a lot easier in the HTRAC and handling was just so much better than in the FWD.
Please remember part of this road is paved and part is dirt. sharp almost u turns and going up or down during the turn. speed limit is 20mph over part as the turns are so bad.
Making a left turn on to a freeway on ramp seemed easier to me also. way better traction when road is wet or has gravel on it.
Has anyone else had the chance to compare to two drives?

·
Super Moderator
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I noticed a much smoother transition going into and coming out of the corners with the HTRAC.
Many of those turns are on a good grade up or down. Depends on which way I was going. Had to return same way coming back as road was closed part way there.
Could really feel the front tires working hard in a few of the worse turns at a climb with the FWD.
Don't notice any difference on the main highways, But guess the HTRAC is only a FWD then also.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I noticed a much smoother transition going into and coming out of the corners with the HTRAC.
Many of those turns are on a good grade up or down. Depends on which way I was going. Had to return same way coming back as road was closed part way there.
Could really feel the front tires working hard in a few of the worse turns at a climb with the FWD.
Don't notice any difference on the main highways, But guess the HTRAC is only a FWD then also.
One of the info displays in the cluster shows how much power is going to each wheel. Even on dry pavement, there is sometimes a little bit of power applied to the rear wheels.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts