Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am the happy owner of a 2022 Calligraphy. I had a fair, honest, and pain free buying experience with my dealer. Yes, I drove 5 hours to get it, but it was worth it.
I often check local Hyundai dealers in Arkansas to see what their inventory/prices are. I saw this today from Crain Hyundai.
Train Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire

2 things here:
1 - Those ridiculous stickers are conveniently placed over all of the MSRP information. I guess their hope is that you buyer doesn’t realize how bad they are getting screwed.
2 - More markups. Driving up the price for a SEL FWD for $52,515. For reference, my Cali was $50,520.
I feel bad for car buyers who have to deal with this!

·
Registered
252 Posts
The pic you have shown here, would cause me to walk away from this dealership......no matter of how badly I would want the vehicle. Selling a new vehicle as used as a legal technicality shows their true business ethics. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
2021 Palisade Calligraphy AWD
604 Posts
Totally insane, Crain Hyundai has a $10,000 Crain Commitment - Market Adjustment, WOW!!! This kind of pricing should be illegal.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Watch Car

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Totally insane, Crain Hyundai has a $10,000 Crain Commitment - Market Adjustment, WOW!!! This kind of pricing should be illegal.

View attachment 6531
I agree 100%. This is the "local" Hyundai dealership where I live. It did not take long to realize how unfair this was. I called well over a dozen dealerships before finding Bob Stallings in Dallas. I could not have enjoyed that buying process more. No surprise fees, sold the car at MSRP, and gave me great value for my trade in.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I live in NJ and every single dealership I contacted within 150 mile radius had markups of either $5 or $10k.
I purchased in NY and my 1st call to this dealership was the $10k markup. From there I got it down to a few hundred over sticker. Its absolutely ridiculous dealing with these dealerships. In all my years of buying vehicles NEVER did I ever negotiate for sticker!! Other dealers I spoke to were fixed on their markup and would not budge. If I didnt need a vehicle I probably would have waited till the lunacy dies down.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I purchased a 2022 Limited Palisade AWD 2 weeks ago in So. Cal and was not charged a premium. Also had several upgrades for $49,525. I was going to wait but 1 of our cars took a dump, so I pulled the trigger. But they also upgraded my warranty to 100K miles 10 yr for the entire vehicle (not just the power train) with zero deductible. Also got free oil changes with tire rotation every 5K up to 75K miles. Of course they made me go around for a few hours to get it. First time in my life I paid sticker. Everything I wanted (everything else other than Hyundai) was marked up 5 to 10K.

·
Registered
2021 Palisade SEL
39 Posts
Ah yes.....I too live in AR and there is a reason we got ours out of state. Homer Skelton Hyundai in Olive Branch, MS was very fair to us. So much so that we later bought a 22' Tuscan Limited from them as well.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I flew several states over to Tuscaloosa, AL for mine, it was the closest I could get that would sell a Calligraphy at MSRP.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts