Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time for this bad boy to go on. This looks clean and sharp. Going to love this. Has camera setup as well for Palisade that have front camera

·
Registered
2020 Palisade SEL
4 Posts
Following. Already looking for a grille myself, not a fan of the stock one. Hard to tell from these photos, is this blacked out? Curious the details on it. Thanks, looking forward to seeing it in place!

·
Registered
4 Posts
That looks awesome! Can you share the site that you ordered it from -- want to see if there are other options as well.
Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
This is it done. Came out nice. It’s a black on black grille. Has like a shiny black chrome with flat black accents in the slots.
That looks excellent! I’ve seen a few grills available on eBay. Curious to know:

1. Was your camera was re-purposed from the original factory grill, or this a new Hyundai supported camera?
2. Have you had any issues w/ camera performance after the new install?
3. Depending on the camera used, does the new setup present any challenges w/ warranties affecting the various camera’s and/or sensors?
4. How time consuming and complex was the installation, and was it done by a pro?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I do not understand the fascination of design artists when drawing cars w/ chrome! Lines, curves. Contrast of colors is what we look know. Don't we?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I really wish someone would replicate the g80 sport (chain link fence) grille. It was pewter with copper accents.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That looks excellent! I’ve seen a few grills available on eBay. Curious to know:

1. Was your camera was re-purposed from the original factory grill, or this a new Hyundai supported camera?
2. Have you had any issues w/ camera performance after the new install?
3. Depending on the camera used, does the new setup present any challenges w/ warranties affecting the various camera’s and/or sensors?
4. How time consuming and complex was the installation, and was it done by a pro?
Re-purposed the stock camera from the limited. No issues from the factory camera. Wouldn't know if it affects any warranty stuff but it works just like it did with stock grille. It was pretty time consuming as the insert is not just a pop out and pop in type of thing. There are a lot of gotchas I wasn't expecting on a grille and I've worked on cars in the past. On a scale from 1 to 5(higher means need more of it) on skill level, time consuming, and ease. I'd give it a 4 on skill, 4 on time and 2.5 on ease(meaning it was much harder than expected).

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nice. Did you plasti the chrome cascade frame of the OEM grill?
No I got it painted but if I were to do it again I'd wrap all the outer plastic chrome pieces instead. Would of been about the same cost and I think would of been better for the long haul but its done and can't really go back on it now. lol

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm not sure the Boim grille would look as clean as it does on the G80 b/c of the size of the grill on the Palisade and there would need to be an emblem I think to give it more dimension but that is just me.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts