Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Palisade Calligraphy AWD
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
2 weeks later his insurance gets back to me, after I've already turned it over to my insurance. But my car goes into the shop 12/20 for, what I assume is, inspection and ordering parts. They are providing me with a rental, though. So that's cool.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Car was dropped off at the body shop this morning. I talked his insurance into upgrading from a sub compact. Only thing they had was a 4 door Wrangler. Much different driving experience. Lol.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
All parts are en route to the dealer’s body shop. Hopefully I will have my car back next week. The guy’s insurance finally took responsibility which means I got a rental. Driving a 2020 4 door wrangler has made me miss my Palisade so much.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Always use your own insurance, pay the deductible and be done with it. They'll subrogate with the opposing insurance company and you'll get your deductible back.
My insurance said where I opened the claim with them regardless if they pay out or if I cancel it they will still raise my premium. :(

·
Registered
49 Posts
Have your lawyer serve him a summons to appear......he will show up or go to jail.
A summons from a lawyer is literally an invitation to show up in court, it is a notification that you're being sued. You are not obligated in any way to appear.

A summons in the form of a traffic citation is a different matter. You either pay the fine in advance of the prescribed court date, or show up in court to answer the charges. If you don't pay, AND don't show up, then an infraction becomes a criminal matter and a warrant is issued. Usually contempt will be added to your charges in this case.

My insurance said where I opened the claim with them regardless if they pay out or if I cancel it they will still raise my premium. :(
Time to ditch that insurance company then. They can't raise your rates for an accident unless you are found at fault. Of course, they can raise your rates for a zillion other reasons unrelated to your incident. That is the nature of the beast.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 · (Edited)
My car has been in deep sleep mode at the dealer for about a week and half where it hasn’t been started. Today it came back online. I hope that means they’re in process of doing the work to get it back to me. I’m trying to not get too excited but I really want my car back. :)

EDIT: Meh, looks like they were just moving it out of the way to access another car.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Parts arrived very quickly, within a couple weeks... Shop has since shut down to everyone catching the plague. So, no clue when I'll get my car back.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts