Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Palisade Calligraphy AWD
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just hope you can get the parts. My daughter's car (2021 Tucson) got hit and it only took the body shop a few days to get parts, so I hope yours is just as quick. Be sure to hit up the insurance company for diminished value, now that your car is no longer accident free.
Thanks. I was wondering about the diminished value deal.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I’ve got the Comma 2 and just love how it’s turned my 100 mile daily commute into such an enjoyable experience. Looking forward to getting the Comma 3 in a few months.
The 3 was my first experience with it. It's pretty amazing. We drove cross country last month and it handled about 95% of 2600 mile (each way) trip.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
And now the guy that rear ended me's insurance is saying they can't get ahold of him to confirm the details. They won't pay "until they can speak with him". Guess I'm going to have to turn it in to my insurance and let them go after him. :( Glad I lowered my deductible a couple months ago.

·
Premium Member
2022 Hyper White Calligraphy
147 Posts
I just hope you can get the parts. My daughter's car (2021 Tucson) got hit and it only took the body shop a few days to get parts, so I hope yours is just as quick. Be sure to hit up the insurance company for diminished value, now that your car is no longer accident free.
Thanks Chuck - did not know this

·
Premium Member
2022 Hyper White Calligraphy
147 Posts
And now the guy that rear ended me's insurance is saying they can't get ahold of him to confirm the details. They won't pay "until they can speak with him". Guess I'm going to have to turn it in to my insurance and let them go after him. :( Glad I lowered my deductible a couple months ago.
Your insurance company will sue him and his insurance. They’ll ‘know’ about it and pay up soon enough. Did you get a selfie with the guy/gal. 🤔

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Your insurance company will sue him and his insurance. They’ll ‘know’ about it and pay up soon enough. Did you get a selfie with the guy/gal. 🤔
Yeah. I have a picture of him in his car and a picture of his car behind mine with his hood crumpled up. And my dash cam caught him waiting to pull out behind me then the headlights bounced when he plowed into me. A transit police drove upon the accident while I was talking to bluelink. He said that an accidnt report wasn't needed and for me to contact other dude's insurance directly. So I did and now they're being very, very cold and unhelpful, which is their game I guess.

Thanks for the reassurance. It's been consuming a lot of my idle brain time. Tomorrow makes 1 week. I'll try to contact his insurance again for an update then open a claim with mine.

·
Registered
141 Posts
If he hit you in the rear you will not have a deductible.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If he hit you in the rear you will not have a deductible.
Oh, I hope. When I called my insurance to ask what the next steps were the person on the phone said I would be responsible for that and they would try to recover that from the person as well. Hopefully she didn't understand the question.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Typically you will be responsible for the deductible if you use your insurance. They will go after the insurance and the driver to recoup and eventually reimburse you — assuming the other guy was insured or pays from his pocket. Terms differ from company to company, best to get clarification from your insurance agent or the claim department. Good luck.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have NEVER had a deductible when the other driver was at fault.
This will be using my uninsured motorist policy where he isn't cooperating. So that may be the difference or mine may be written different. I've never had an accident that wasn't my fault so I dunno how it'll work. Lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts