Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All, I got my 2023 Palisade Calligraphy Moonlight Cloud with Navy/Beige interior, just been 10 days. Was waiting from long time, where I started my order with 2022 in last (2021) October and switched to 2023 order in this April. Finally arrived. I'm from Minneapolis.
This forum is very helpful, glad that I have joined here and can learn and contribute any.

I loved everything with my palisade so far.
Observed one big issue "cabin wind noise when hit 35 or 40mph or above". I saw lot of them reported with 2020 to 2021 models. But very shocking to see this issue in 2023. Anyone facing this issue and what are the steps to get resolve? Any inputs will be greatly appreciated.
I spoke to my dealership service center, got an appointment in 2 weeks.

Update on 8/25: Checked by dealer. Found the issue as "Window noise caused by Drivers door seal. Ordered the parts, will replace once received the part". But when I had a conversation with an associate at dealership, been mentioned that, the noise issues are not easy to fix, it has to get through the steps, window seal replacement is a first step. It will go with the process of try and error. Will have to wait for 2 to 3 weeks to get the part and seal fix. Will update after that. Fingers crossed:cautious:

Update on 9/1: Door seal replacement, did not resolved the issue. Don’t know next steps. Waiting for speaking to complaints support. Meanwhile if any inputs to troubleshoot would be greatly appreciated.

Update on 9/9: Another attempt from my dealership on the fix for front door. The fix didnt work, it caused for more noise than earlier. The service center quoted that "tried all the possible options, 2023 are working as designed, not seeing any different, no noise, its not an issue unless any recall from Hyundai" They asked me to reach to Consumer Affairs again. So far no luck, its frustrating.

Update on 9/12: Reached to Consumer Affairs, they asked me to wait for 48hrs to any next update.
Update on 9/14: Again reached to Consumer Affairs, they were quoting about service attempt on 9/9 mentioned as "fixed and no noise observed, working as per 2023 design" which is not true, in fact it cause more noise than earlier. Again in wait for 48hrs to get the next update or step.
Update on 9/28: Below is from Case Manager. Not positive. No solution provided and not even talked about the solution. Is this how they handle?
Thank you for contacting Hyundai Motor America (“HMA”). We have reviewed your vehicle’s repair history and evaluated your request. Based on our investigation of the repair history to date, we have determined that a repurchase/replacement is not warranted under your state’s lemon law.
Please note that any remaining terms of your vehicle’s limited warranties as set forth in the Owner’s Handbook and Warranty Information continue to apply.
To the extent you disagree with our evaluation, if there is any additional or new information that you would like us to consider, such as photographs, videos, or another repair order, we are willing to reevaluate this matter upon receipt of those materials.
We would also like to take this opportunity to remind you that you may take advantage of the following alternative dispute resolution (“ADR”) program provided by HMA: BBB AUTO LINE BBB National Programs, Inc. 1676 International Drive, Suite 550 McLean, VA 22102 1-800-955-5100.
The BBB AUTO LINE program, which performs arbitration services on disputes such as this one, is provided at no cost to you, and is part of HMA’s effort to provide an impartial third-party organization to equitably resolve concerns such as yours. To begin the ADR process, simply call the BBB National Programs at the number listed above and you will be sent a Customer Claim Form, along with a handbook describing how BBB AUTO LINE works. A decision is ordinarily rendered within forty (40) days of AUTO LINE’s receipt of a properly completed Customer Claim Form. BBB would then mail you a copy of the arbitrator’s decision and, if accepted by you, Hyundai would be required to comply with the decision of the arbitrator within certain time limitations. BBB would, thereafter, verify that the arbitrator’s decision had been completed. Again, this service is offered to you at no cost and if you do not agree with the BBB’s decision, it is not binding on you, but any BBB decision in your favor is binding on HMA should you choose to accept it.

Here is my car noise measured with sound meter
Purple Line Font Violet Magenta

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have a 22' Calligraphy and you can hear a little bit of wind noise up at highway speed. It's really not that bad and is quickly put into perspective when I drive my daily driver a 2009 Nissan Murano. I think it's the overall fit and finish of the Palisade that tricks you into thinking its a luxury car. It's not but it also doesn't cost nearly as much. .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi All, I got my 2023 Palisade Calligraphy Moonlight Cloud with Navy/Beige interior, just been 10 days. Was waiting from long time, where I started my order with 2022 in last (2021) October and switched to 2023 order in this April. Finally arrived. I'm from Minneapolis.
This forum is very helpful, glad that I have joined here and can learn and contribute any.

Observed one big issue "cabin wind noise when hit 35 or 40mph or above". I saw lot of them reported with 2020 to 2021 models. But very shocking to see this issue in 2023. Anyone facing this issue and what are the steps to get resolve? Any inputs will be greatly appreciated.
that is very weird. I have my 23 for 3 weeks now and no noise at all. The glass on the 23 should be way better on windows an windshield than the older models. Mine is really smooth and will get smoother once I change those crappy hankooks. They are terrible. I think that might be your problem. I have cross bars, wind deflectors, mud flaps installed and no noise. Let us know please.

·
Registered
36 Posts
are the windows completely sealing when in the "up" position? do you have a sunroof? check the seals there if you do.

·
Registered
38 Posts
We got our 2022 Calligraphy in January. It is, without a doubt, the quietest car we've ever had, at all speeds.
I agree. I've had my 2022 Calligraphy since the beginning of June and it is very quiet. Picked it up after work and then dog and I went on a one hour drive down to a town I used to live and work in. I came from a Nissan Maxima with no noticeable difference in the noise. I will say the turn radius is TONS better than my Maxima (and I loved that car - if I ever go back to a sedan, it would be back to a Maxima.)

·
Registered
2021 palisades caligraphy
10 Posts

First. Call the dealer asap. Then call Hyundai Mtrs. File a complaint and they will give you a case #. Someone will follow up with you til it’s resolved. You must keep in them. You can find all the info on your blue link. Sit in your car (key on ). Press the blue link key button. I think it’s above you. They will answer and advise you. Have a pen and paper. Good luck. Let me knii oh w how you make out.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have come to find that on my last couple of new cars, including my Palisade, immediate tire upgrades have become SOP...I replaced the factory w/ Michelin Defenders and noticed an immediate reduction of interior noise at highway speeds. Original equipment tires (excluding some luxury brands) just don't seem to cut it any more.

·
Registered
15 Posts

I had the same problem with my 2000 palisade limited. Headed into the shop four times without results. Finally called the factory to find out there was a fix. In my case the driver side window channel was too wide down in the door panel allowing air to whistle around the bottom of the side glass when the window was up. The fix was pulling the door panel measuring the window channel and adjusting to the proper width. I’m sure with a little research your dealer will come up with that possibility.

·
Registered
9 Posts

Surprised to hear the wind noise is present in the 23s. I have a 2020 and it took them numerous tries to fix the problem, but it did get fixed. I’m looking to trade my 20 in for a 23 but hope I don’t have to go through the noise issue again.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts