Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2022 Hyper White Calligraphy
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Warning - This is a long bitch

My three week old Hyper White Calligraphy has a tumor. I washed today and was drying when I found a spot. My heart dropped. We had driven to the Ryder Cup and OMG - must have been a stone - no wait looks different- it looks like it’s under the clear coat pushing out. I took it to a body shop we use right away - verdict - flaw. No here is we’re I call out a particular dealer and praise another.
I’m in Wisconsin- Pewaukee area - So, I called the dealer we normally use for all our service Boucher Hyundai Waukesha - I explained the car was 3 weeks old 973 miles and a 2022. He says well we are backed up let me get your info - I give him everything and VIN - he says - oh it’s a 2022 - it’s new - OMG does he listen? Anyway can’t even get me in until November 4th - has to take pictures - send to Hyundai - wait for answer - then do what they say. I say - ok and other choice words. Also, tell him I was going to get PPF on that day but obviously had to cancel and glad I found it. He says - What’s PPF?

I call Carisma where I’m getting PPF, window tint, etc - I explain to owner and he says - it’s just pictures - call them back and push -
I bought the car at Hyundai West Allis - I call them - spoke with service - He says bring it now - I’ll take pictures now - I take it - he looks - says yep it’s a flaw - i said how long will it take to get through Hyundai - he says - it’s pretty obvious - I’ll set you up with the body shop - this is no big deal - so it goes in November 4th to be fixed -

Night and day service. We have used Boucher for service on my wife’s Santa Fe for three years - they are only 8 or so miles away - I told my wife the story - she says - we take the Santa Fe to West Allis from now on -
Last - The sales woman I bought from had called a few weeks back saying she had my mats out of the MKz. She would keep them under her desk until I came to get them. I had no time. Today I was there so I go in - she still has them - personally I’d have tossed them.

I got the car MSRP - of course they had their normal stuff - car mats - Normal BS and add ons

sales person is Jieana Harb -

Grey Wood Tints and shades Rim Tree
Human body Grey Road surface Asphalt Slope

·
Registered
507 Posts
Glad at least one of them is being responsive. Service is what makes or fail a business, granted the labor and parts shortage is making everything backed up however moments like these is when the dealer can make a mark for themselves by going that extra mile — atleast show you care. Alas, not every dealer recognizes it.

So coming back to your issue, is the body shop going to repaint/fix it? I might be mixing you up with someone else but did you ceramic coat your Pali?

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope no mix up - yes they are going to fix it - luckily I hadn’t done a PPF and ceramic. Once I get it fixed that will come next.

·
Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
692 Posts
Nope no mix up - yes they are going to fix it - luckily I hadn’t done a PPF and ceramic. Once I get it fixed that will come next.
I had a defect on my White Calligraphy on the hood as well. But didn't find it for 15,000 miles even though I had wash it so I do think it presented it self later. It was a small dot and turned into a larger circle with some shading. Hyundai repainted with no issue but I did have PPF already installed, the first 24" of the hood. Service Manager claimed he couldn't do anything and told me to file a claim but it was denied by Hyundai to reimburse me the $325 for the hood PPF. If I keep the Pali (smell issue) the Service Manager said he would give me some more free oil changes.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I had wondered about that, not surprising that Hyundai would not cover after market treatments but it was nice of the dealer to offer up something.

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Man, if That PPF was on and I had to get it taken off and put back on I’d have been pissed. It’s hard enough getting permission from the tower to do it. I’m wondering if this is something they deal with a lot - the service guy didn’t blink an eye - just took the picture and said - we’ll handle it - also wondering how it happens - I mean shite happens but it looks like a small metal filling or ? -

@blutob2 - did they do a good job fixing it and did you PPF again? Just wondering if you did PPF do you notice the repair - sometimes when you know something is there you see it but others don’t.

·
Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
692 Posts
Man, if That PPF was on and I had to get it taken off and put back on I’d have been pissed. It’s hard enough getting permission from the tower to do it. I’m wondering if this is something they deal with a lot - the service guy didn’t blink an eye - just took the picture and said - we’ll handle it - also wondering how it happens - I mean shite happens but it looks like a small metal filling or ? -

@blutob2 - did they do a good job fixing it and did you PPF again? Just wondering if you did PPF do you notice the repair - sometimes when you know something is there you see it but others don’t.
The defect wasn't under the PPF but since they had to repaint the entire hood, then obviously it had to be removed and PPF can't be reused. The hood looks good so far, was repainted about 2 months ago.

I have not replaced the PPF because I'm currently working on a Lemon law claim due to the smell issue. They attempted a fix 5 times and told me they don't have a solution.

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The defect wasn't under the PPF but since they had to repaint the entire hood, then obviously it had to be removed and PPF can't be reused. The hood looks good so far, was repainted about 2 months ago.

I have not replaced the PPF because I'm currently working on a Lemon law claim due to the smell issue. They attempted a fix 5 times and told me they don't have a solution.
Sorry to hear about the smell - hope you get a new pali out of it. Does it look promising?

·
Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
692 Posts
Sorry to hear about the smell - hope you get a new pali out of it. Does it look promising?
Too early to tell, claim has only been open for about 5 days with BBB. I was successful using BBB with a Nissan lemon so hope to have same results. But I'm willing for them to replace all my seats if they don't want to give me a 2022. My only concern is over $3K in custom work such as powder coating wheels, chrome delete, PPF, etc. and not getting that back. If they give me a new 2022 then I was going to see if the dealer could swap the entire front fascia since majority of the work is on the front, probably over $1500 worth. And wrapping the front lower valence on the Calligraphy was the most challenging and time consuming. Could swap the wheels too.

I'm also looking at actively trading it too, going to look at a Lincoln Aviator soon.

·
Registered
507 Posts
That would be a big ask of swapping. Will be interesting if the dealer buys into it. You will need to demonstrate some good persuasion skills and lot of good luck!

·
Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
692 Posts
That would be a big ask of swapping. Will be interesting if the dealer buys into it. You will need to demonstrate some good persuasion skills and lot of good luck!
Well non issue now. Hyundai called me last night, going to buy the Pali back completely or offer me a cash settlement. They don't do trades and just stated I can buy another one if I like after the settlement. I'm going to talk to my dealer today because online they are showing $3500 markups and wonder if they'll sell me another one at MSRP? But I won't worry about the chrome delete swap or anything because it sounds like I'm getting reimbursed for all that work too. Also it will be interesting what the cash settlement offer is. Might just take that and then still trade in the vehicle.

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
@blutob2 - glad to hear they are stepping up. I’ve heard horrible stories of others - not Hyundai- have to get lawyers etc - I can say this - other then the paint flaw which they are fixing- no smell in the 2022.

·
Registered
2021 Palisade Calligraphy AWD
202 Posts
I don't know if I would call that stepping up as he did have to file a complaint before Hyundai did anything.

·
Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
692 Posts
Yeah I heard of others going to a lawyer but like I said this is twice using BBB and same think with Nissan. Once they engaged then I got the buyback. I just think using a lawyer will delay it much longer. But this is why we have lemon laws.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Kudos to you for your due diligence to follow and document the remedial procedures. I am sure that made the case even stronger.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts