Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
First-time Hyundai owner—never owned or leased anything other than Ford vehicles. I was hesitant to switch to a foreign made vehicle, but after test driving the Palisade, my husband and I were 110% sold. It is smooth-driving, has many safety features we need, and it’s priced right!

·
Registered
600 Posts
We had the wind noise as well, plus a few more:

• Window and door lock connector came loose
  • Driveshaft vibration
  • Blind spot warning system failure
  • C/E lights (3)
  • Automatic wipers kept going off
  • Cracked windshield
  • Scratching HVAC screens (3)
  • Squeaking seat rails
Awesome tech and room and rode great though while we owned it. We replaced it with an X7 that isn’t quite as roomy in the 3rd row but has lots of other advantages as it should for $63K.

·
Super Moderator
844 Posts
My wife and I are more than happy with ours. No problems at all.
Now if it didn't burn gas , just air would be nice, and it had an
offset for the speed in HDA of 3,5,7 mph it couldn't be beat
for the price range.
I don't understand why people don't take the car for a good
test drive and look for problems before buying. Things can
still happen after we buy any vehicle, But most of the problems
I see on here could have been avoided by a good test drive

·
Registered
600 Posts
Ours was really good until about 8,000 miles. Except for the cracked windshield. That happened in the first 200 miles. Didn’t even know it was a more pervasive issue until later.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited AWD Burgundy/Beige
44 Posts
Would buy again.

My second first year model in a row. Bought the 2017 G90 Ultimate. Absolutely zero problems with both vehicles, aside from the problems with low profile tires on the G90 that impact all low profile tires.

I am 6’ and American big, and you could comfortably and spaciously sleep in this thing with the rear seats folded flat. Just need a sleeping mat or inflatable bed.

My only regret is that I saw the Explorer and Durango in their graphite and black wheel packages...they are very sharp and sporty looking and I kind of wish my burgundy had black wheels and black instead of chrome on the exterior.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade SEL
7 Posts
We have had ours for about 3 months now and love it. no issues with wind noise, no vibrations. everything is just as i would expect. The only issue we have had at all is a broken windshield from a rock coming up off the road. its since been repaired and everything is great. I know that seeing some of the posts on here can be intimidating (even to a current owner), but as others said, the happy customers dont usually start posts just acknowledging that everything is as they expected.

·
Super Moderator
844 Posts
Would buy again.

My second first year model in a row. Bought the 2017 G90 Ultimate. Absolutely zero problems with both vehicles, aside from the problems with low profile tires on the G90 that impact all low profile tires.

I am 6’ and American big, and you could comfortably and spaciously sleep in this thing with the rear seats folded flat. Just need a sleeping mat or inflatable bed.

My only regret is that I saw the Explorer and Durango in their graphite and black wheel packages...they are very sharp and sporty looking and I kind of wish my burgundy had black wheels and black instead of chrome on the exterior.
Go to Hyundai Palisades accessories site and you will see that they now sell black wheels, not bad looking

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’ve had my Palisade Limited for a little more than two weeks with no problems whatsoever. My four most recent vehicles have included a Cadillac STS, a Cadillac DTS, a Cadillac XTS and a Lincoln Continental. In many ways, the Palisade offers far more bang for the buck and has performed at last as well if not better than any of my previous cars.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited AWD Burgundy/Beige
44 Posts
Go to Hyundai Palisades accessories site and you will see that they now sell black wheels, not bad looking
Thanks Gene....I didn’t say I wanted to pay extra! :oops:

I will take a look. Not sure how they would work/look with out the dechroming.

·
Registered
284 Posts
What is the build month of your car? Did the wind noise show up after a period of time?
Build date is Dec 2019. Arrived at dealer March 11th. Took it for a long test drive over all types of roads from single lane back roads to freeway up to 90mph, and I had no wind noise (I went in listening for it because I was going to decline the car if it had the wind noise issue).
Within two days, on a back country road at 50mph, I heard a slight whistling noise. The noise goes away when HVAC is in Recirc Mode.
Since then I bought the closed cell foam rope and put that in the window seal channel. Wind noise seemed to improve, but now after 3500 miles the passenger side window will whistle if I don't have it in Recirc Mode. So the whistling has gotten worse on the passenger side. I tried putting the foam rope into the window sweep channel, but that hasn't helped. As long as I keep the HVAC in recirc then no problems, so it's an easy enough "fix" for me since I normally run my HVAC in Recirc anyways to avoid choking no other cars' exhaust fumes.

I will at some point ask my local dealer if they'd be willing to replace the window seals, but it seems like that's a hit or miss fix with some saying the fix has worked for them and some saying the wind noise actually got worse.

To me, all cars have their inherent quirks, so I consider the wind noise my car's quirk, and I can live with it. I still have no regrets getting it because 98% of the time I won't ever notice the wind noise anyways. The value proposition for the Palisade is still unmatched.

·
Registered
600 Posts
@raggedy1 I agree wholeheartedly. Absolutely awesome design and amenities for the $ and frankly was hoping not to spend $63K to get what the Hyundai had for $48K, now $49K. Our wind noise was unbearable and would have been for anyone who drives on the highway. Recirc didn't help ours and 3 trips to the dealer and they couldn’t fix it. We had several other issues that led to double digit trips to the dealer and more than 20 days out of service in 8 months. Luckily we didn’t have the stinky seats, failing A/C compressors and camera issues that some are having now.

My biggest fear if I was buying a car built after March would be overall build quality. That would be for any car make by the way, not just Hyundai.

·
Registered
34 Posts
My wife and I are more than happy with ours. No problems at all.
Now if it didn't burn gas , just air would be nice, and it had an
offset for the speed in HDA of 3,5,7 mph it couldn't be beat
for the price range.
I don't understand why people don't take the car for a good
test drive and look for problems before buying. Things can
still happen after we buy any vehicle, But most of the problems
I see on here could have been avoided by a good test drive
Myself, my wife and my daughter went for the test ride. There was no gas in the car. I stopped and put a few gallons in during the test drive. We drove for approximately 20 to 30 minutes, local and highway. I did not notice anything abnormal with the car. My wife and daughter thought it smelled great. I purchased it the next day since I told my daughter it was her birthday and I was just going to test drive. Picked it up the next night after work. When I opened the car the next morning is when I noticed the strange smell. It quickly went away and doesnt really bother me. I have had it 3 weeks and am noticing other odd things. I am pleased with the purchase. One does not always notice things after 30 minutes. I have the limited, black with white interior, htrac.

The only thing that really bugs me is the trailer hitch is really low. Sometimes I scrap it backing out of my drive. But that is not the Pali issues. It is whoever designed the driveway.

·
Registered
284 Posts
CVP, you’re wind buffeting was ridiculously loud and obnoxious. Nobody here blames you for needing to rid yourself of that Palisade.

as for your statement about post-lockdown car manufacturing, yeah, I think that is a concern for any car maker.

·
Registered
600 Posts
CVP, you’re wind buffeting was ridiculously loud and obnoxious. Nobody here blames you for needing to rid yourself of that Palisade.

as for your statement about post-lockdown car manufacturing, yeah, I think that is a concern for any car maker.
My thought process was intermittent supply of parts and skilled workers would combine into an assembly process with too many variables.

41 - 60 of 61 Posts