Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Not a single doubt in my mind, this car was worth every penny I paid for it and then some. I honestly have moments where I think to myself that this car has NO right being as cheap was it was (I bought the base SE with zero added options/packages/accessories/etc) with how well it's equipped. That being said, every/any car can have problems, and for every car with problems there will be a forum post about it. Hyundai's got a good warranty in the worst-case-scenarios, what's there to worry about? And if these forum posts you've seen are scaring you off, go ahead and read the any forum of ANY other competing model or manufacturer, especially a model that's been around longer and no longer has the "new model" blues.. I am sure you will run into bigger issues than, iuno, a little wind noise.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Not a single doubt in my mind, this car was worth every penny I paid for it and then some. I honestly have moments where I think to myself that this car has NO right being as cheap was it was (I bought the base SE with zero added options/packages/accessories/etc) with how well it's equipped. That being said, every/any car can have problems, and for every car with problems there will be a forum post about it. Hyundai's got a good warranty in the worst-case-scenarios, what's there to worry about? And if these forum posts you've seen are scaring you off, go ahead and read the any forum of ANY other competing model or manufacturer, especially a model that's been around longer and no longer has the "new model" blues.. I am sure you will run into bigger issues than, iuno, a little wind noise.
The wind noise I experienced in my test drive of 2 Palasades was more than “a little”. It wouldn’t be acceptable in the lowest priced Hyundai or other automotive make yet alone in the Palasade. When the service manager says there is a problem, it’s a problem!

·
Registered
147 Posts
The wind noise I experienced in my test drive of 2 Palasades was more than “a little”. It wouldn’t be acceptable in the lowest priced Hyundai or other automotive make yet alone in the Palasade. When the service manager says there is a problem, it’s a problem!
My point i was trying to make was directed towards OP, who was expressing cold feet after reading a few isolated forum posts. I am not doubting the wind noise is a problem, and I hope Hyundai can resolve the vehicles affected (which is, not "all" of em by any means; which, in an indirect way, OP was semi-assuming). But it just felt all a little silly to start getting cold feet after reading some isolated cases of a relatively minor issue. Any car, any make, any brand, can and will have issues. People who have those issues will go on the forums and mention them in hopes of finding a solution (or, just express their dismay). What most people WON'T do, on the other hand, is populate an entire forum full of "yup, no problems on my car!" posts without context. So yes, since we're on the topic, my car has zero issues, so far. Hope it'll stay that way, but in the chance that it doesn't, i feel relatively at ease since we've got a strong warranty on these cars.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Actually, the RX350 is what I am considering as well as the Lincoln Nautalis. The Lexus or the Hyundai would be my first foreign manufactuer although my wife has had Toyota Nissan and now has an RX350. My neck no longer swivels very much and so I want all the added help I could get, sensor wise, camera wise etc. I like that top down camera that the P has to show you are parked correctly in a parking lot. Also I am very much interested in the image on the dash when you use the turn signals. Do you folks find that useful becuase that is one of the main reasons why I want the P. I agree that we really like the mirrors that rotate in an out on the RX350 and wish the P had it. You watch. It will be on the 2021 model

·
Super Moderator
844 Posts
You have to look at the Lincoln aviator to get what is in the Palisade.
Price will scare you as much as the price of the Cadillac XT6 with the equipment
the Palisade has. $80s + for both of them
Volvo XC9 loaded is really nice but again costs almost as much as a house 10 years ago

·
Registered
21 Posts
I own palisade ultimate/limited, I see all the complaints about it in this forum. To be extremely honest I totally believe Hyundai has made a huge step forward shaking the entire industry for that specific trim sector. I believe for the first time Hyundai is to be followed and not following anymore, price wise, quality wise. I still can’t believe some other brands just selling you what they call ‘reliable’ trusted and tried old engines in 2020! the question now is : Am I buying only an engine ? Just a brand logo ? Or a fully satisfying experience? I see clearly Hyundai is giving me the last very much regardless of their well known bad dealerships that they need to work on very hard.

Back to the complaints, some are valid and some really are just someone trying to bad mouth the brand, every brand have issues, however Hyundai current step forward tells a lot about their position in near and far future, they are clearly moving forward with confidence they never been able to brag about it much before. In fact Hyundai scored big with palisade with those who trust the fact that they are ahead of their competitions and bold enough to try and incorporate new technologies like the big luxurious names with no common fear, laziness or lack of extreme innovation for only feeding people these well known brands are the best just because they are not because of what they really offer in terms of advanced innovations. A question for everyone : Does innovation cost too much ? My answer is yes! If that is the case then those other brands selling their cars with no innovations for years are really gaining so much profit year after year with old techs and engines! Bingo Hyundai is exposing them then ?

There is no doubt that Hyundai is coming and doing that fast and with confidence, for the non-believers it is ok, just stick to what you know and enjoy it! I just have to praise Hyundai as a player coming from the very back and reaching the current level in one of the most competitive and rough fields.

Oh, I did not mention anything about Kia , sorry I am not against Kia by all means but I am just a fan of fully Korean made given that the proven quality differences in parts and labor. Yes Kia T might very subjectively look better than P however it all goes back to how you personally feel about it.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Volvo XC9 loaded is really nice but again costs almost as much as a house 10 years ago
Depends on if you're buying or lease. XC90 will lease cheaper than a comparably equipped Palisade. (If you go off of what you can actually get one for, not advertised specials)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Actually, the RX350 is what I am considering as well as the Lincoln Nautalis. The Lexus or the Hyundai would be my first foreign manufactuer although my wife has had Toyota Nissan and now has an RX350. My neck no longer swivels very much and so I want all the added help I could get, sensor wise, camera wise etc. I like that top down camera that the P has to show you are parked correctly in a parking lot. Also I am very much interested in the image on the dash when you use the turn signals. Do you folks find that useful becuase that is one of the main reasons why I want the P. I agree that we really like the mirrors that rotate in an out on the RX350 and wish the P had it. You watch. It will be on the 2021 model
Mark I suspect you and I are in the same boat. I have severe spinal stenosis in my neck and can't look up or down and side to side is very restricted. Like you I was particularly interested in the blind spot images on the dash when turning or changing lanes, and it has proven to be better than I hoped. The other benefit I have found is that the door openings seem to be larger than the Volvo XC90, the other SUV I was considering. I find it very easy to enter and exit the Palisade. You also mentioned the surround view camera, and this also is very helpful when parking. Best of luck with your decision.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Door openings on the palisade are definitely larger than the xc90. I hit the b pillar in an xc90 with my shoulder when seated. Don't have that problem in a palisade.

The Lincoln nautilus is horribly dated at this point. It's just the old mkx with a mild refresh.

Volvo does have some of the most comfortable seats on the market, so I would expect slightly better support for spine issues, as long as you're not looking at the r design trim with the sport seats. Xc90 will get you a higher resolution 360 camera than the palisade. You won't get the blind spot cameras though. The blind spot and cross traffic alert systems are comparable between the two.

·
Registered
821 Posts
The Nautilus doesn’t compete with the Palisade anyway. It’s smaller. The Aviator is the direct competitor. And also a LOT more expensive than the Palisade.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I just got out of a 2016 RX350, the Palisade is better for what you are looking for. The gas mileage is a bit better and the price tag is significantly less

·
Registered
600 Posts
We rented a Nautilus last month. Good vehicle, great seat, but only a two row and a very buzzy 4 cylinder that right after the initial take off is pretty gutless.

We test drove the XC90. Best interior period. Great fit/finish and the only vehicle on-par with the Palisade for technology. The $65K MSRP versus our $45K OTD Palisade made our decision SUPER easy.

If you have $70K to spend, buy the Aviator. There is currently nothing better in that price range.

·
Registered
24 Posts
2 days shy of 5 month ownership and to date we have had no issues or concerns. Just finished a 1,504 mile trip to Florida over a 3day period, FULLY loaded with 6months of supplies, and Sadie performed amazingly well. Our Ultimate/Limited HTRAC AWD averaged 23.96mpg, with an upper range of 26.2mpg, during this specific trip.

·
Registered
21 Posts
2 days shy of 5 month ownership and to date we have had no issues or concerns. Just finished a 1,504 mile trip to Florida over a 3day period, FULLY loaded with 6months of supplies, and Sadie performed amazingly well. Our Ultimate/Limited HTRAC AWD averaged 23.96mpg, with an upper range of 26.2mpg, during this specific trip.
It is definitely a real gem! Some still buy only brands not cars! Forgetting the fact that life is too short to trust only the hype! I totally believe the only Toyota for example I would think of after having the palisade is the land cruiser. Period

·
Registered
21 Posts
The same for me. I have a ultimate AWD and took a trip from home Michigan to Gatlingurg Tn. Absolutely no problems and Avg 30.3 on Eco one the way down without cruise. 28.4 on the way back using cruise. Great comfortable car with no problems other than human error on my part using all the accessories.

·
Registered
45 Posts
@CVP33 is correct. Most people who don't have any issue don't post.

For what it's worth, it sounds like there are 2 main issues: the vibrations at high speed and the wind noise. There's now a TSB for the vibration (posted on this site) which states that models built after July 27 don't have the issue. And a TSB means Hyundai will repair them and knows what the issue is. Regarding the wind noise, there are now 2 different owners who have reported that their dealer has solved the issue. One by adjusting the seals around the window, the other by adjusting a metal plate in-between door seals (both posts come from another forum - not this one).

I don't think there are any other widespread issue. The paint issue you mentioned is one case and looks like it was caused by the dealer's aftermarket treatment. The AC not coming back on for the rear seats after a few hours appears to be by design. And it can be controlled from the driver's seat if need be. Certainly annoying, but not an actual issue with the car.

It's still early in the life of the product. More issues may reveal themselves at a later date. Or maybe not. It's hard to say. It's probably wise to wait until at least year 2 if you have concerns. But so far, it's not looking too bad. As a point of comparison, the 2020 Explorer has had several issues (or so I heard) and has been out for about the same amount of time as the Palisade.

Good luck!
[/QUOTE

I concur with your posting. We have 3,000 miles on our Palisade and zero issues. It is early days of course but some of the "issues" I thought might be issues turned out to be me adjusting to a new vehicle. There is a lot of technology in this vehicle.
I agree that it is probably always wise to avoid the first years production. But I have not always adhered to this advice myself. Based on the perfect experience we had with our Kia Sorento over 60,000 miles I had little hesitation on taking a risk with the Hyundai. I realize that the Kia is built here and Hyundai in Korea, but I am a Korean car convert. We have bought 3 other Hyundais for my daughter over the years and all have been great.
In my experience the pluses easily outweigh the minuses for the Palisade and I think that there is little risk in taking the step to buy one. Personally I could not find better value. I originally wanted to like and buy the Explorer, but the cheap interior and turbo 4 turned me off. The only other close competitor was the Telluride. I originally liked the Range Rover/Explorer looks, but then it started to look like a Ford Flex and I couldn't get that image out of my head. But that is all subjective. Either of these vehicles is a great buy in my opinion.

·
Registered
440 Posts
We have only had ours a couple of weeks but are perfectly happy with our SEL. We had test driven the Ascent, Palisade, and Telluride. We were good with all 3 more or less. We always thought the Palisade was the most elegant. We bounced back and forth a little between Palisade and Telluride. We literally have nothing but praise. We have no concerns what so ever. In fact if anything we might like the way the non optioned SEL drives better then Premium (18 vs. 20 inch wheels 60 series versus 50).

21 - 40 of 61 Posts