Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So..... I've owned a limited AWD for about a month - right around 1000 miles.

Been in for the wind noise and they replaced all the window channels - still not better. Actually, it sounds worse to me.
45+ wind noise on the driver side.

Another thing is also weird, i feel like I can feel the road through the foot rest on the left side - Usually at 10-30mph. Is this normal?

I love all the other features of this car but these are going to be hard to tolerate if we keep this car for a long time.

·
Banned
673 Posts
Both are known issues with no current solution. There’s a DIY thread somewhere RE: Installing your own weatherstripping.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Replacing the window stripping is the old procedure that was stopped. There's an adjustment to the door that's been done my some lately that seems to be helping some. I don't think I have seen anyone say they had it performed and it didn't help, but the sample size is very small currently.

·
Banned
673 Posts
Drekar, I’d be interested to hear if yours gets better/worse over time or stays the same. Ours became a howl that could drowned out the radio and conversation. 3 trips to the dealer, door alignments, molding replacements and mystical realignment procedures of the window that even the dealer tech couldn’t verbalize. I had a really good video of mine but was forced to take it down.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't have a buzz but I do have a wind noise that gets a little better when I shut off the AC system. That seems weird to me!

Other issues:
Road noise - still there in the floor - it just seems like a car like this shouldn't have it
Wipers - they go off at random on auto. To me, this is a first-world problem that I really don't think will ever get fixed. We just leave them in the off position until it's raining.

New one (driving in smart mode) - There almost seems to be a surging when pressing the gas after a stop sign or light. It seem to surge while accelerating up to about 30.

·
Banned
673 Posts
I would recommend that you take your vehicle to the dealer and ask them to address these issues. If you are not happy with the ‘fixes’ I would escalate as needed until it is resolved.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Drekar, I just did a 2k mile trip, and there were a couple of times I noticed the surge you experience in Smart Mode. It happened a couple of times only though for me.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
309 Posts
I don't have a buzz but I do have a wind noise that gets a little better when I shut off the AC system. That seems weird to me!

Other issues:
Road noise - still there in the floor - it just seems like a car like this shouldn't have it
Wipers - they go off at random on auto. To me, this is a first-world problem that I really don't think will ever get fixed. We just leave them in the off position until it's raining.

New one (driving in smart mode) - There almost seems to be a surging when pressing the gas after a stop sign or light. It seem to surge while accelerating up to about 30.
Re: Wipers
My wife owns a 2020 Tucson and the Auto wipers are same where at times they turn on and there is no hint of rain. The manual has this note:

Because of using a photo sen-
sor, temporary malfunction
could occur according to sud-
den ambient light change made
by stone and dust while driving

·
Registered
30 Posts

Other issues:

When I bought mine the dealer wanted me to drive on city streets. I told him I wanted to take it out on the interstate because I heard some of them have a lot of air leaking in the driver side door or window. He tried to act like he was all surprised and had never heard that complaint before. By the way I took it out on the interstate and did not hear any noise so it worked out just fine.

·
Registered
2021 Calligraphy FWD due late April
243 Posts
Wind noise is quite subdued on this vehicle. I wish both engine and road noise were less, but it's not bad at all. When I read there was fake engine noise that you could turn off on the Palisade, I was hopeful mine was turned on, but couldn't find anything on the audio settings menu. One of the many Korea-only features. Oh well.

·
Registered
23 Posts

Other issues:

Wipers are supposed to be left in the off position. Shadows can trip the sensor. The wipers are supposed to be put in auto when it’s raining lightly. They are operating properly.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts