Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

I picked up my limited palisade tonight. On the way home, I noticed that the gas pedal shakes/vibrates as I step on the gas or keep my foot on the pedal. I don't recall the experience while I was test driving non-limited palisade a few weeks ago. The only explanation I can think of is the one I test drove is 18 inch tires, whereas mine is 20 inch and that could cause more road vibration felt through the gas pedal. I called the dealer to explain and they said they haven't heard any complains on it.

Anyone experience/notice it?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi, give it a few days and let the car and new tyres settle a bit. My wife felt vibration at low speeds on the first couple of days.. she described the accelerator as being rough.. however that issue disappeared once we put a few miles in and the ride is very smooth now. Let us know what you find

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've felt this as well, but it's not consistent. I've got about 350 miles on my Palisade now and still notice it sometimes.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've felt some vibrations/shakes in the gas pedal too, but only when driving over some bumps in the road. It almost feels like feedback to your foot that "hey, we're going over some bumps on the road." We'll see if this persists as I get more miles on it; I'm still under 100 miles.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I don’t have any issues with my limited, but I’m wondering could it be associated with what mode you are in (sport vs comfort or maybe something else that you can adjust on the vehicle)? There are so many buttons you can push to adjust the drive, maybe you could play around with that a bit, if you haven’t already, to see if that affects your drive. I noticed a lot of difference in the touchiness of the gas and breaking based on what mode I put it in. I have FWD. Not sure if that matters vs AWD.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello
Yes I have been experiencing the same thing. I have an SEL with the 20” wheels AWD. I took it back to the dealer to have it looked at. They drove it and acknowledged the issue. Then they drove another one on the lot and it had the same vibration in the gas pedal. They said it’s probably “normal.”

I’ve had mine for almost three weeks. This is very annoying and i am thinking about possibly trading mine in for something else. I am not happy. I wrote the dealer management about the issue and also Hyundai Motor Co.

Hi folks,

I picked up my limited palisade tonight. On the way home, I noticed that the gas pedal shakes/vibrates as I step on the gas or keep my foot on the pedal. I don't recall the experience while I was test driving non-limited palisade a few weeks ago. The only explanation I can think of is the one I test drove is 18 inch tires, whereas mine is 20 inch and that could cause more road vibration felt through the gas pedal. I called the dealer to explain and they said they haven't heard any complains on it.

Anyone experience/notice it?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I believe i'm feeling something similar in my SEL with 20's and 1800 miles. Any acceleration from a stop begins with a slight shudder until about 5mph then it goes away until I stop again. I will play with other modes to see if anything changes.

·
Registered
12 Posts
A similar problem has been reported on the Telluride forum as well. It so far has been reported by the AWD owners, most notably in the SX trim, at 60-75 mph. They’ve had their wheels aligned and tires balanced, and it has not helped. Given the fact that the Palisade and Telluride share engines and transmissions, I was wondering if the Palisade would experience the same thing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts