Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It just started yesterday and only , when I get to about 68 to 72 mph. Not any other speeds .. It feels like I’m pressing up and down on the gas pedal which I’m not .its not a jerking feeling or hesitation . My husband ask what are you doing ?because he thought i was tapping my foot .. has anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
502 Posts
Not clear are you saying that gas pedal is moving up and down on its own or that the car is speeding up and slowing down on its own. There is Smart and Regular cruise control. Smart also couples with distance following. If your not careful it can act differently then you might intend. That is when you your using smart and you actuate the cruise control +/- button you will see a desired set speed change though car will NOT change speeds right away when conditions do not permit safety doing so. Then you will see the car aggressively try to reach that high set speed when there is enough space in front of your car.

Naturally since most of us are focused on the road we may miss those changes in set speed were requesting. My old car only had Cruise control once you asked for more speed it came on line more or less in real time. With Smart as noted that is not the case. ** I like the functionality, but it does take a little getting used to. You can switch back to regular non Smart cruise control.

·
Registered
75 Posts
That might happen using cruise control if there is a car ahead of you. It should not happen otherwise.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cruise control isn’t on ... it is like I’m gassing it and letting off of the pedal, is what it feels like. And only at 67-70 mph . I’m wondering if it’s the fuel pump. But why at only those speeds.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not clear are you saying that gas pedal is moving up and down on its own or that the car is speeding up and slowing down on its own. There is Smart and Regular cruise control. Smart also couples with distance following. If your not careful it can act differently then you might intend. That is when you your using smart and you actuate the cruise control +/- button you will see a desired set speed change though car will NOT change speeds right away when conditions do not permit safety doing so. Then you will see the car aggressively try to reach that high set speed when there is enough space in front of your car.

Naturally since most of us are focused on the road we may miss those changes in set speed were requesting. My old car only had Cruise control once you asked for more speed it came on line more or less in real time. With Smart as noted that is not the case. ** I like the functionality, but it does take a little getting used to. You can switch back to regular non Smart cruise control.
I’m not using cruise control... it’s like I’m gassing and then letting off of the gas pedal but I’m not. And it’s only at those speeds. Once passed 72 it stops and below 68. Wondering if it’s the fuel pump but that would be weird.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have an idea. Try using your BlueLink button to connect with Hyundai and ask them to analyze it. Isn’t that what they do?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have an idea. Try using your BlueLink button to connect with Hyundai and ask them to analyze it. Isn’t that what they do?
So when it’s doing that I need to push my Bluelink button and ask them to see what’s wrong?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts