Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The dealerships try to push all sorts of crap. Much of which we do not need. When it comes to gap insurance which is something I believe is important- don’t take it from them. Call your insurance company. It will be extremely cost effective. American Family charge me someplace around $30 a year. Easy ‘yes’ for peace of mind.

·
Registered
2021 Palisade SEL Moonlight Cloud
112 Posts
The dealerships try to push all sorts of crap. Much of which we do not need. When it comes to gap insurance which is something I believe is important- don’t take it from them. Call your insurance company. It will be extremely cost effective. American Family charge me someplace around $30 a year. Easy ‘yes’ for peace of mind.
According to consumer reports, you should seriously consider turning down everything the dealership offers. In my case, the gap was already covered with the trade and the finance guy just said a joke about it and moved on. Then got very very grumpy when I turned down everything else.

·
Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
640 Posts
According to consumer reports, you should seriously consider turning down everything the dealership offers. In my case, the gap was already covered with the trade and the finance guy just said a joke about it and moved on. Then got very very grumpy when I turned down everything else.
Yeah I was seriously going to write a negative review when I got the Hyundai survey because my finance guy was a complete douche. I got busy and the survey expired. I was seriously going to buy another Hyundai but was so pissed I bought a different car.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All the finance folks work on or get commission so they push - some are knobs some are just trying to hit there numbers. Maybe the guy was having a bad day. You say no and move on - never have to see him again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Finance dude pushed gap on me so hard. When I turned it down, he seemed to think I just wasn’t comprehending and re-explained. $900 not worth it. I have safety money stashed away specifically for the unlikely event that I actually need this (or any other product coverage that I pass on).

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Personally, $20 a year is cheap. Everyone should have an emergency fund but if it costs me $20 not to touch it - it can sit in the market for another rainy day.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yeah I was seriously going to write a negative review when I got the Hyundai survey because my finance guy was a complete douche. I got busy and the survey expired. I was seriously going to buy another Hyundai but was so pissed I bought a different car.
...did you trade the smelly one in already and if you didn't go for the GV80 what did you get? Curious minds want to know... 😆

·
Registered
251 Posts
My experience at Hyundai of Newport (RI) was exactly the opposite. It was the most pleasant purchase process. From the salesman to the finance woman's handling of the closing, I was very pleased, never pressured and treated with great respect. If you are in the Rhode Island/ South East Massachusetts area, I can not recommend them more highly.

There is a toll bridge between my home and Newport that costs $4.00 each way. I got an Easy Pass which reduces that to $0.87 for local residents thinking I would have to travel it more. I have not had to use it even once. The Palisade has been that good. Knock on wood.

·
Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
640 Posts
...did you trade the smelly one in already and if you didn't go for the GV80 what did you get? Curious minds want to know... 😆
No, still holding off. Just hate to lose all the money I put into the Pali. Dealer did soak the seat backs last week so giving that some time too, but doubt it will help. But biggest issues with GV80 is cargo room. Took the Pali to the lake for Labor Day and definitely need the room for now. Maybe once my oldest leaves for college next summer then we'll be OK. Other issue is no good dealer where I live. The one Genesis dealer has very negative reviews. I talked to my Hyundai and they can do service, just not warranty work.

·
Super Moderator
1,873 Posts
Wait until you are on the road and have a problem with the Genesis, There is no service.
I was told to take my G90 to a dealer 420 miles away

1 - 11 of 11 Posts