Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious what people’s 4 th year Bluelink subscription plan are. Hyundai breaks the services into 3 subscriptions. Does everyone plan to renew all 3?

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
298 Posts
Curious what people’s 4 th year Bluelink subscription plan are. Hyundai breaks the services into 3 subscriptions. Does everyone plan to renew all 3?
I bet most here are still under the 3 yr complimentary periods. I plan to renew Connected Care and Remote. Guidance is the 3rd plan but I don't need that. Note that in order to use Remote plan they require that you also get Connected Care.

When I had my 2016 Tucson there was no 3 year complimentary period so I paid for the 2 plans I mentioned because I use Remote services alot. It was possible to haggle over the prices and they would almost always apply some discount. Not sure if that's still the case. Current plans are cheaper per year now than when I used to pay for it.

·
Registered
2021 Palisade SEL Moonlight Cloud
25 Posts
Honestly, Hyundai should just offer one plan with everything for $9.99 a month. We're planning on maybe getting the remote start plan but maybe not. I really haven't used it any other than Bluelink really likes to lock my car and one time I was in the garage and wanted something and the doors were locked so I used the Bluelink to unlock it.

It's constantly nagging me that the vehicle is unlocked at home in a locked garage.

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Palisade SEL
36 Posts
Honestly, Hyundai should just offer one plan with everything for $9.99 a month. We're planning on maybe getting the remote start plan but maybe not. I really haven't used it any other than Bluelink really likes to lock my car and one time I was in the garage and wanted something and the doors were locked so I used the Bluelink to unlock it.

It's constantly nagging me that the vehicle is unlocked at home in a locked garage.

I wish you could Geo Fence that option. I love it when I am out and it reminds me... not so much at home.

Reactions: someguy

·
Registered
2021 SEL Silver Lagoon with bench seat
185 Posts
I love having the part that would notify 911 in an accident, so I'd get that part and I personally like the navigation. I have never remote started my car, so I don't need that. I'm not positive we'll re-up since technically I could use Apple or Google maps and I suppose the 911 thing might not be that dire (though if it were used, I'm sure I'd feel differently).

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have the luxury of time to consider since my Limited is new. $10 a month is kind of the minimum to offset the cell services that the connected bluelink services rely on. I know that's what cell companies charge to say an Apple watch to an existing plan which the car is not of course apart of its own thing. Not sure why they divide it up into 3. The Nav I kind of understand its map and Nav software updates they have to pay Mapsoft for.

At least they offer yearly and multi yearly discounts. I personally was a "wazer". Now with the Heads up display (which did not think I would like, but I do) I consider a safety feature since helps keep my eyes on the road more, instead of glancing down. I only will really miss the crowd sourced police detection. Might have to have my spouse keep waze running on longer trips to catch those.

Paying a few hundred a year for the 4th plus year does not seem insane. Will see how I feel in 35 months:)

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I have the luxury of time to consider since my Limited is new. $10 a month is kind of the minimum to offset the cell services that the connected bluelink services rely on. I know that's what cell companies charge to say an Apple watch to an existing plan which the car is not of course apart of its own thing. Not sure why they divide it up into 3. The Nav I kind of understand its map and Nav software updates they have to pay Mapsoft for.

At least they offer yearly and multi yearly discounts. I personally was a "wazer". Now with the Heads up display (which did not think I would like, but I do) I consider a safety feature since helps keep my eyes on the road more, instead of glancing down. I only will really miss the crowd sourced police detection. Might have to have my spouse keep waze running on longer trips to catch those.

Paying a few hundred a year for the 4th plus year does not seem insane. Will see how I feel in 35 months:)
I believe that the map updates are no longer tied to the blue link subscription and will remain free after the 3 years. This is what mapnsoft told me. I guess we’ll see in a little over a year.

By the way, mapnsoft is a Hyundai company.

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Palisade Limited
244 Posts
I am thoroughly enjoying the Bluelink services....kinda like Sirius XM radio. I cannot be without XM radio. In about 30 months I'll probably feel the same way concerning Bluelink. 😀

·
Registered
2021 Calligraphy FWD due late April
175 Posts
Nav updates have nothing to do with BlueLink. They might not be free after 3 years (which I assume is the case), but you can just pay for them, if you feel the need. I haven't done anything with BlueLink, other than sending addresses to the car, since the damn thing doesn't allow input while under way. I remember from my ex Azera that you could call somebody for help with a destination or something, but I don't plan to use any of that. And even if I did, I wouldn't pay extra for that :). But will read what exactly they offer, so I know, just in case I may want to use it during the included 3 years. I see a button on top that I don't recognize, that looks like lane departure. So will look that up.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Nav updates have nothing to do with BlueLink. They might not be free after 3 years (which I assume is the case), but you can just pay for them, if you feel the need. I haven't done anything with BlueLink, other than sending addresses to the car, since the damn thing doesn't allow input while under way. I remember from my ex Azera that you could call somebody for help with a destination or something, but I don't plan to use any of that. And even if I did, I wouldn't pay extra for that :). But will read what exactly they offer, so I know, just in case I may want to use it during the included 3 years. I see a button on top that I don't recognize, that looks like lane departure. So will look that up.
If you haven’t read up on it, why do you keep making statements that you haven’t verified?

You say map updates have nothing to do with blue link, yet when you go to MyHyundai.com and go to manage Blue Link subscription, it clearly says that the Guidance package is required for multimedia and navigation updates.

Now, as I said above, mapnsoft told me that is no longer the case, so we’ll see what happens when the time comes. I know that I was able to get the map update for my 2012 Sonata (which doesn’t have a blue Link subscription) for $25 + shipping, which is a far cry from the $145 it used to cost without blue link.

So yes, there was definitely a link between blue link and map updates. And the website still reflects that link. So why are you saying the 2 have nothing to do with each other?

That button that looks like lane keep assist is to use voice to enter a destination and have blue link search for it via Google instead of the built in nav. Even when using the built in nav, it does server-based routing, which also uses blue link.

·
Registered
175 Posts
If you haven’t read up on it, why do you keep making statements that you hven’t verified?
Because it's common sense man. I don't need to verify 2+2=4. How many freaking vehicles have BlueLink? And how many vehicles have nav? If you needed BlueLink to update maps, only an ultra minority of vehicles could update maps, and that IS NOT the case. I don't have to verify anything. You know, I haven't seen anything useful posted by you; just your whining crap, so I'm ignoring you right after posting this. And I suggest you do the same, so you can stop polluting posts with your useless comments. Even you admitted there's no need to have BlueLink to update maps, so why keep your diatribe going? Geez. Have a nice life, man.

·
Registered
175 Posts
it does if you say it using a voice command.
Thank you. I never use voice commands because haven't found a system that likes my accent. Ha ha. I can be successful with short commands, like 'show maps', or similar ones. But with an entire address? I really doubt it, but after BlueLink expires, I might give it a shot. Thank you for the heads up :).

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Because it's common sense man. I don't need to verify 2+2=4. How many freaking vehicles have BlueLink? And how many vehicles have nav? If you needed BlueLink to update maps, only an ultra minority of vehicles could update maps, and that IS NOT the case. I don't have to verify anything. You know, I haven't seen anything useful posted by you; just your whining crap, so I'm ignoring you right after posting this. And I suggest you do the same, so you can stop polluting posts with your useless comments. Even you admitted there's no need to have BlueLink to update maps, so why keep your diatribe going? Geez. Have a nice life, man.
Did you even read what I posted? I said we’ll see if it holds true for the Palisade. The website still says you do need blue link. Everyone’s updating maps because we all get 3 free years of blue link, genius. So if there’s still a requirement to have blue link, we wouldn’t know because nobody here has yet reached the 3-year mark, because the car isn’t that old yet.

I keep having to correct your posts because you keep providing the wrong info to others. My posts are far more useful than yours.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Like Serious radio, When it expires, it is gone. No more surprise $300 BlueLick bills like on my 2014 Santa Fe. After a few "This might cost you money" warnings from adjusting the rear view mirror, I unplugged the mirror on it and my next two Santa Fe's.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts