Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well seems like MSRP is kind of the norm. I expect to purchase the Limited in Nov. Paying MSRP has always been considered the rubes price. So let me ask you this. If I go to a dealer and place an order, (Im in no hurry) can I do better than MSRP. What kind of markup do they have over invoice on these? My sense is about $2500 on a $48,000 vehicle. Anyone know?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Well seems like MSRP is kind of the norm. I expect to purchase the Limited in Nov. Paying MSRP has always been considered the rubes price. So let me ask you this. If I go to a dealer and place an order, (Im in no hurry) can I do better than MSRP. What kind of markup do they have over invoice on these? My sense is about $2500 on a $48,000 vehicle. Anyone know?
The car has been on sale for less than 3 months and is hard to get. Of course most dealers will sell for MSRP. This idea that only people who don't know what they're doing are paying MSRP isn't true. It depends on many factors, including availability and rarity.

Like it or not, the Palisade is hard to get. Some dealers are asking for a premium over MSRP. That's their right. I don't like it and wouldn't buy from them, but it is what it is. You can find dealers who'll give you a discount. I got our Limited with a 4% discount (that I didn't negotiate - dealer was advertising at that price). But I would have paid MSRP. Because I knew damn well it was hard to get. If not me, then someone else would have paid MSRP. It's all about supply and demand. If you don't like it, prepare to work hard to find a dealer willing to sell at a discount. Or wait a few months.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yes, MSRP is around $2500 markup over invoice.
The current issue is that it seems that Hyundai misjudged the demand for the Limited. SELs are widely available, Limiteds are hard to find. And if you need a specific color combo, even more so. MSRP is pretty much the standard for the Limited right now, but if you expand your search radius and talk to a large number of dealerships, you should be able to find a discount.
If you are in no hurry, just wait for the supply to catch up to demand.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Guys:

Honestly we created this pricing problem by running out and buying at any cost. Please wait from supply to catch up and sales to level off, I am sure dealerships will eventually work to give you a fair price specially when inventory sits in their lots for a spell. As a person that sold vehicles once told me........dealerships acquire vehicles below Invoice pricing through special allocations. You should get the vehicle at or below invoice price.

The markups are a travesty, for example the other day I saw a Limited Palisade AWD just as I wanted, contacted dealer and was sent sticker information (picture). When I tried to talk $$$$ they told me they had a $3,000.00 markup.... I stopped told them NOT interested, wished them the best and parted ways.

I do have time on my side and will wait to get what I want at a fair price in which both I and dealership come out in agreement.

Again if you have time...... Please wait.

Best

Jim

·
Registered
17 Posts
Guys:

Honestly we created this pricing problem by running out and buying at any cost. Please wait from supply to catch up and sales to level off, I am sure dealerships will eventually work to give you a fair price specially when inventory sits in their lots for a spell. As a person that sold vehicles once told me........dealerships acquire vehicles below Invoice pricing through special allocations. You should get the vehicle at or below invoice price.

The markups are a travesty, for example the other day I saw a Limited Palisade AWD just as I wanted, contacted dealer and was sent sticker information (picture). When I tried to talk $$$$ they told me they had a $3,000.00 markup.... I stopped told them NOT interested, wished them the best and parted ways.

I do have time on my side and will wait to get what I want at a fair price in which both I and dealership come out in agreement.

Again if you have time...... Please wait.

Best

Jim
well said Jim supply and demand is the name of the game , I can say this I was able to get a SEL fwd that had the convenience pkg 20 inch rims with cloth seats I owned it for a 28days pay out the door 34500 plus taxes I was super happy with my negotiating skills , The sales person thought that was crazy because I told him that I will never pay msrp and 6hours later saved 6,000 ish and at the end they didn't want to give me 1.9apr they said my deal was to good and they tried 3.5 apr at the end of that day I found a bank to give me 1.99apr .. Im now a owner of the palisade and loving it smiles cheek to cheek ..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello. My wife and I purchased our Limited FWD first week of July. Our goal was to purchase the vehicle under 50k including tax and license. Surprisingly we got our Palisade $500 under MSRP and the dealer also gave us and awesome deal for our trade in. I guess we were lucky the dealership that we purchased our Palisade had it in there lot for about a week and half and not getting a lot of buzz. It only had about 40 miles when we took delivery. Trust me guys my wife and I were expecting that it would be marked up to about 2500 on top of the MSRP. I guess they were motivated to sell it. It was the only Palisade they have at that time. Plus the whole time we were at the dealership (about 4 hrs) I did not noticed anybody asking for that vehicle. We are Super happy with our Palisade you cannot beat the price for what you get especially not paying full price.

·
Registered
91 Posts
We saved $2,150 OFF MSRP. Dealer holdback is 3% so they easily have $1,650 just in holdback. We also got the conquest rebate of $500 and then the $50 for taking a test drive.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Some dealerships here in Phoenix area are trying to add $5000.00 over MSRP on the Limited
Most people are smart enough to tell them to take a hike. Because Limited's are hard to come by they think price gouging is ok. Other dealerships are being honest about the pricing.

·
Registered
91 Posts
nice going on price
We got lucky. Our dealer had 3, 2 were spoken for that were AWD. Another buyer saw the silver color, didn't like it - and ordered a white one. We walked in, I felt like they really wanted to move it. I explained that I really wanted AWD and white (even though we didn't), but it f the price was right I would buy it today. While the salesman was going back/forth I googled the holdback and the invoice. Dealer still made money, shifted what he thought would be an undesirable unit and so win/win. About a month later we went back for our first oil change (I like to do the first on at 1,500 miles or less) and the sales manager came over to service when he saw us. Asked if we were enjoying it and then told me he could've sold that vehicle at least 6 times if he still had it in inventory.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts