Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Purchased my Limited HTRAC on July 3, the day the Palisades showed up at my dealer. I now have a bit over 1400 miles on it
I've driven several hundred miles in the last few days and was very pleasantly surprised. Yesterday's drive was with four folks in the car, mostly highway, but a lot of stop and go detour driving in the very crowded city. Total mileage when I got home was 24.0 MPG. Steady highway driving w/ just two in the car has been delivering about 26 using Comfort, Sport (mostly) and Eco.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have about 700 miles on my AWD limited. So far I’m averaging 24 mpg. I’d say it’s a 70/30 split between hwy and city driving. Very pleased so far!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Just purchase a Palisade Limited with AWD in Ohio and drove it down to Alabama which is a distance of 608 miles. Driving at an average speed over the trip at 75 mph I averaged a little over 25 mpg. I started during the day and ended at 2 am. The air conditioning was on the entire trip and the headlights came on at dusk. I was impressed and now realize once the engine and transmission break in the MPG will only go up.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just purchase a Palisade Limited with AWD in Ohio and drove it down to Alabama which is a distance of 608 miles. Driving at an average speed over the trip at 75 mph I averaged a little over 25 mpg. I started during the day and ended at 2 am. The air conditioning was on the entire trip and the headlights came on at dusk. I was impressed and now realize once the engine and transmission break in the MPG will only go up.
Nice

·
Registered
17 Posts
Palisade Ultimate AWD. Just came back last night from a roughly 500 KM (300 miles) road trip. It was during the day, sunshine etc. I was driving at about 120 KPH (75 MPH). The gauges said roughly 8.5 per 100 KM our 28 MPG. I have had my Palisade for about 3 weeks, the week before I had a 2017 Honda Pilot AWD and drove approx 1200 KM and my fuel mileage was about exactly the same (8.5 litres per 100 KM).
I love the Palisade, better ride then the Pilot, quieter, just more refined. But I loved my Pilot.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I also have the limited AWD. I’ve put on about 1100 miles so far. Mostly highway miles. Unfortunately mine has been running about 19-20 mpg. Any thoughts or ideas?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I also have the limited AWD. I’ve put on about 1100 miles so far. Mostly highway miles. Unfortunately mine has been running about 19-20 mpg. Any thoughts or ideas?
Did you try cruise control in eco or smart mode? I have 1300 miles on mine and just did 500 miles over the weekend and got 25-25.3 MPG with AC running the whole time in 100 degree weather in eco mode with highway miles. Mine is FWD Limited. I also put the MPG settings to reset after ignition.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Three checks, the first is the air pressure in each of the tires. The second is are you running with the AWD engaged. My understanding is that at highway speeds this is suppose to revert to normal driving but hey worth a look. The third has been mentioned but are you running in the Sport mode?

·
Registered
19 Posts
My Palisade says I've averaged 26.1 mpg over the first 2249 miles at an average speed of 48 mph. I picked the car up in Utah, drove to Colorado, then back to California. It's been mostly highway driving, but some city too. Highway mpg seemed to fluctuate from 26 mpg to 31 mpg depending on conditions. I've been leaving it in Smart mode which defaults to Eco/FWD most of the time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Three checks, the first is the air pressure in each of the tires. The second is are you running with the AWD engaged. My understanding is that at highway speeds this is suppose to revert to normal driving but hey worth a look. The third has been mentioned but are you running in the Sport mode?
How do you disengage the AWD? I just bought one and haven't had a chance to explore everything.

·
Registered
250 Posts
On the center console there is a round switch that is used to select the transmission/engine response modes: Snow, Eco etc. In the center of this switch is button if illuminated means that you have opted to have the AWD engaged at all times. However my understanding from watching videos linked below that the AWD disengages at highway speeds.

The videos can be scrolled from the right to the left.

·
Registered
45 Posts
On the center console there is a round switch that is used to select the transmission/engine response modes: Snow, Eco etc. In the center of this switch is button if illuminated means that you have opted to have the AWD engaged at all times. However my understanding from watching videos linked below that the AWD disengages at highway speeds.

The videos can be scrolled from the right to the left.
This is not a button to engage or disengage AWD. This is for the center differential LOCK. It should not be used on paved, dry surfaces. It does disengage at speeds above something like 25mph.

What this button does essentially is force 25% power at each wheel, locking them all together so they move at the same speed. On dry pavement, it's very normal while cornering for tires to move at different speeds...so it might damage your differential if you use this too much on the road. At the least it'll make cornering jerky, tires chirping/squealing. It's meant for dirt, mud, snow, sand, etc. and I'm sure it's great for slippery surfaces.

The AWD system changes the power distribution automatically based on the driving condition. Unless you're off-road or in snowy conditions...I don't see a reason to use the AWD lock, especially on dry pavement.

There are modes in the cluster to see the realtime AWD power distribution while driving. Use some different driving modes and see how it changes. ECO should be FWD biased.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Did you try cruise control in eco or smart mode? I have 1300 miles on mine and just did 500 miles over the weekend and got 25-25.3 MPG with AC running the whole time in 100 degree weather in eco mode with highway miles. Mine is FWD Limited. I also put the MPG settings to reset after ignition.

Thanks for the response. I have the ECO mode on all the time. I drive 60 Highway miles per day. I reset the MPG odometer overtime I fill up. It will not go above 20 MPG's. The AWD is not turned on. Not really sure why my miles are so low.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Has anyone checked fuel economy using manual calculations?
Like filling the tank, recording the number of miles run until next refill. then finally dividing the total miles run by fuel consumed to find out fuel economy.
the FE what center console shows may not be real time FE of the car.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts