Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't recall if it always worked that way, but I've noticed the front parking sensor not going off when I'm pulling forward, but when I get ready to back up, it goes off..I tried this by pulling up to my garage door yesterday. Went as close as I could and no warning. When I flipped to reverse, the front sensor started beeping and blinking.

Is this how it is supposed to work?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I may have had a button not turned on. Looks like a bad placement of that parking sensor button for a passenger to accidentally disable it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I can't recall if it always worked that way, but I've noticed the front parking sensor not going off when I'm pulling forward, but when I get ready to back up, it goes off..I tried this by pulling up to my garage door yesterday. Went as close as I could and no warning. When I flipped to reverse, the front sensor started beeping and blinking.

Is this how it is supposed to work?
I got my Palisade in December of 2020 and the parking sensor worked, it would beep as I approached the concrete stop in a parking lot or any other objects in front of me. I mentioned this to my service manager today 6-18-20 and told her it wasn't working like it used to when I bought it. The same thing happened to her, she put it into reverse and then, as you said the front sensor started beeping and blinking. Together, we made sure all the settings were correct under the driver assistance settings. But, it still doesn't alert as it did at purchase time. The only thing that had been changed was a recall on the front "radar". I do not know if this has anything to do with our issue. It will be interesting to see if this has affected any more of us. Guess, we'll have to use the brains we have instead of automotive sensors :).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. I haven't looked at recalls yet, but I should. I bought the car and then a week later everything was stay-at-home, so haven't went to service department yet.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I got my Palisade in December of 2020 and the parking sensor worked, it would beep as I approached the concrete stop in a parking lot or any other objects in front of me. I mentioned this to my service manager today 6-18-20 and told her it wasn't working like it used to when I bought it. The same thing happened to her, she put it into reverse and then, as you said the front sensor started beeping and blinking. Together, we made sure all the settings were correct under the driver assistance settings. But, it still doesn't alert as it did at purchase time. The only thing that had been changed was a recall on the front "radar". I do not know if this has anything to do with our issue. It will be interesting to see if this has affected any more of us. Guess, we'll have to use the brains we have instead of automotive sensors :).
I am going to share your experience with her so our dealership is aware that I am not the only one with this issue.

Here's a you tube I found on how the system is supposed to be set-up so you can check.

I'm going to try making one change to one of the selections it talked about in the you tube....it had to do with a setting for lighter traffic and slower speed and see if that works. Otherwise, we'll have to pursue this with Hyundai USA.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks. I haven't looked at recalls yet, but I should. I bought the car and then a week later everything was stay-at-home, so haven't went to service department yet.
Ok, figured it out.....the problem is not with the forward collision avoidance system. What we are wanting is on page 3-156 of the owner's manual. See the middle column illustration. We need, after turning on the ignition, to make sure the Parking Distance Warning System light is on. I got pretty close to my husband's car and it did start chirping at me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts