Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I live in Texas which is a state that requires both front and back license plates. When I bought my car, the dealer said it was not required by law but when I checked with the DMV, I do require the front license plates. The thing is, I dont see any spots on the Palisade to install the front license plate without having to drill holes on the bumper. Do yall know anything about this?

·
Registered
264 Posts
I purchased mine in Ohio although I live in Alabama. The dealer in Ohio had to drill two holes into my bumper to mount a front license plate holder. Here in Alabama only one plate is required so I took off the holder and just put the screws back into the holes.

·
Registered
52 Posts
In Maryland they require a front license plate too. My palisade already came with a front license plate holder.

·
Registered
264 Posts
The question before us is who drilled the holes in the front bumper?
I know with the dealer in Ohio is was them because I could see the drilling residual of plastic in the holes once I removed the front plate.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Sterling,

I live in Ohio and purchased my vehicle in Ohio. Mine did not have holes drilled. Ironically, As of July 1st. 2020, Ohio law no longer mandates a front license plate. If I look closely at my non-drilled bumper there are very faint factory dimples to show where the holes should be drilled.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I
Sterling,

I live in Ohio and purchased my vehicle in Ohio. Mine did not have holes drilled. Ironically, As of July 1st. 2020, Ohio law no longer mandates a front license plate. If I look closely at my non-drilled bumper there are very faint factory dimples to show where the holes should be drilled.
I guess the dealer thought I might need this for Alabama or perhaps the vanity plate they had installed and I removed. The dealer was Dennis Automotive in Columbus and they were awesome.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I live in TX and just got my plates the other day. I'm not sticking some ugly plate on the front of my palisade. It's highly unlikely a cop will pull you over anyway.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I live in TX and just got my plates the other day. I'm not sticking some ugly plate on the front of my palisade. It's highly unlikely a cop will pull you over anyway.
Regarding ignoring the license plate law, the inmates at the prison I used to work at had a saying that might apply here: "Don't do the crime if you can't do the time" or more likely pay the fine. I'm just saying with a smile on my face.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone know whether you drill new holes in the license plate holder on the front to attach a front license plate? The holes don't line up for a new plate.
The holder is plastic.
Can you just use the additional screws to make new holes in the plastic holder?

·
Banned
25 Posts
Hi, I live in Texas which is a state that requires both front and back license plates. When I bought my car, the dealer said it was not required by law but when I checked with the DMV, I do require the front license plates. The thing is, I dont see any spots on the Palisade to install the front license plate without having to drill holes on the bumper. Do yall know anything about this?
Yes it is required. The reason people don't get stopped very often for that is because, if there is a police officer in front of you, they don't know if you have Texas plates or are from out of state, or you may have temporary plates (newly purchased new or used car). If the police officer is behind you, they can't see you don't have fronts.

But if they stop you for some other reason, expect to get a ticket for not having front plates.

Some states are getting away from requiring front plates, because they get damaged more easily and have to be replaced more frequently. But front plates do provide better chance of id via visual or camera surveillance in the case of a crime or other incident where they need to track down a car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So I live in OR and need to install a front license plate. I checked out the front end of the Palisade and didn't see any pre-drilled holes. Are there any sensors I need to avoid obscuring on the front of the vehicle besides the one at the very bottom of the front end?

·
Registered
17 Posts
As an earlier post mentioned, there are 2 very slight dimples where the holes should be drilled. Drill there and you will be Ok.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
171 Posts
Did you buy it from a dealer in TX?
Every single car I bought in TX always had the bracket in the front already installed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
As an earlier post mentioned, there are 2 very slight dimples where the holes should be drilled. Drill there and you will be Ok.
I saw that, but those dimples don't line up with the holes on my license plate. I assume my plates are standard.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I didn’t put a front license plate on my Tesla when I first got it. Got a ticket pretty quickly. 2021 Palisade came with front bracket installed. (I’m in California.)

·
Super Moderator
943 Posts
I saw that, but those dimples don't line up with the holes on my license plate. I assume my plates are standard.
Those holes line up with the front license plate mounting bracket. Then the holes on the bracket line up with the license plate holes
My Palisade came with the bracket in the back lower compartment.
I'm lucky don't need front plate in Arizona

1 - 18 of 18 Posts