Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think a rock hit the plastic trim around the grill and there's a small hole there now and it's sort of bubbling.

Has anyone else had this issue?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I think a rock hit the plastic trim around the grill and there's a small hole there now and it's sort of bubbling.

Yes, we have some bubbling on a couple of spots on our grill. We noticed it back in February while we were down in Texas. Had an oil change done at a Hyundai dealer and they noted the bubbles. Said it would take a couple of days to paint/repair and we were leaving the area so did not have it fixed. With the Corona stuff going on we still have not taken it into our local dealer for repair but plan on doing it soon.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have something similar, bubble turned into a hole. I have an Ultimate (Canada equivalent of the limited I think) and the dealership wanted to replace the entire grill (!) instead of a repair and it would cost $1000 (!!) So I haven't done it yet

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have something similar, bubble turned into a hole. I have an Ultimate (Canada equivalent of the limited I think) and the dealership wanted to replace the entire grill (!) instead of a repair and it would cost $1000 (!!) So I haven't done it yet
I have the same.. Ultimate and they probably aren't going to cover it under warranty. I think it's a sh#t design. Obviously you're going to get rock chips there. They should have it protected with some sort of 3m film from the factory.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Are you talking about the chrome trim around the grill? I just noticed this afternoon that I have some sort of ridiculous scratch that looks like the chrome is gouged by a rock. I'm in Texas so it's freaking hot but I've only had it a month and I'm pissed. I'm getting the clear film added on Friday and am wondering if I should have the film added to go around the grill. I just hate spending the additional money for something that shouldn't be so easy to damage.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Are you talking about the chrome trim around the grill? I just noticed this afternoon that I have some sort of ridiculous scratch that looks like the chrome is gouged by a rock. I'm in Texas so it's freaking hot but I've only had it a month and I'm pissed. I'm getting the clear film added on Friday and am wondering if I should have the film added to go around the grill. I just hate spending the additional money for something that shouldn't be so easy to damage.
Exactly the same it sounds like, suuuper annoying
I'm still trying to figure out what to do to repair and then protect it

·
Registered
30 Posts
Exactly the same it sounds like, suuuper annoying
I'm still trying to figure out what to do to repair and then protect it
I guess I'll just get the accessories shop to add that to my bill. :poop: I'm already adding the clear protective film for the entire forward-facing segments, along the bottom trim under the side doors, and adding better quality tint around the perimeter and ceramic protective near-clear tint to the windshield. It's Texas. I hate summers.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just called the Hyundai Customer Service line. They say they haven't received any complaints about the quality of the chrome trim around the grill. If you're having this issue, please call them to log to complaint. They want me to get it inspected at the dealer to determine what made the gouge. 🤦 I may try to go Wednesday before I pay to have the protective film put on.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The chrome trim around grill on limited is really a paint, not real chrome. So be sure nd add the PPF
I had no idea! 😱 Geez! Ok, this should not be a thing. That piece should be chrome!

·
Super Moderator
1,773 Posts
Hyundai calls it liquid silver metallic coating
One quote says
The Palisade’s grille is imposing and upright, a honeycomb pattern mounted by silver-painted plastic that’s more sturdy than it seems– engineers established a “liquid silver” paint process that gives the do with a matte, sturdy look that’s supposedly resistant to chipping.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Oh, brother. :LOL: Not that resistant, sadly.

·
Registered
1 Posts

I had my grill replaced in July and when cleaning my car 2 days ago my new grill has the same thing....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yes, we have some bubbling on a couple of spots on our grill. We noticed it back in February while we were down in Texas. Had an oil change done at a Hyundai dealer and they noted the bubbles. Said it would take a couple of days to paint/repair and we were leaving the area so did not have it fixed. With the Corona stuff going on we still have not taken it into our local dealer for repair but plan on doing it soon.
As a follow up to the grill bubbling situation I brought our Palisade into our local dealer and the manager looked at it and said he would have to call a higher up about it. I did not hear from them for over a week so I gave them a call back. Manager said he was still waiting to hear for the “ok” to fix under warranty - when I mentioned that the dealer in Texas did not question the repair and would have done it he said - wait a second, let me put you on hold. When he got back to me, he said that the the higher up that approved our repair under warranty. Funny how that happened! The local dealer did replace the grill all under warranty.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I saw the same bubbles on the trim surrounding the front grill of my palisade luxury (Canadian).
My car would be one year old next week. But I already have 32000 kms on it.
Is this issue covered under warranty in my case?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts