Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

front camera

11K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Ahep 
#1 ·
So I hear there is a front camera. If so, when is it activated and how long does it stay on?

#2 ·
In my experience, whenever the surround view monitor button is pressed while in D, under 10mph. It also automatically engages when transitioning from R to D. It goes from showing behind you (in R), to in front of you (in D).

From what I've seen, it will stay on forever if you stay under 10mph. As soon as you exceed that speed, it shuts off and will not engage even if you press the button.

It works really well. I've gotten into a habit of pressing the surround view button whenever pulling into a parking spot just so I can see what's going on right in front of the car (and surroundings and parking lot lines). It's difficult to perform a terrible park job.

#6 ·
I think all of the cameras on the Palisade are really great. I often use the surround-view when pulling into a parking space to see how well I'm centered between the lines. The front camera is awesome when pulling into my garage or to double-check that my kids haven't left any toys in the way.

Picture quality is great all around.

#8 ·
I haven't actually done it yet - but I think you can press the surround view button anytime you're driving (above 10mph), and it'll come on the next time you drop below 10mph. The amber indicator light on the button should stay illuminated while it's armed.

This could make stop signs and traffic lights engage it - then when you finally have to park is it still engaged? I think you have to re-arm it every time you start driving.

Not sure it will set it to come on every time...but could be wrong. The button is close to passenger side...maybe I can train my co-driver :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.