Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All!

I'm driving a limited, FWD model, and I'm coming from an older AWD Mazda CX-9. Maybe it's just the lack of AWD, but I feel like I spin my tires quite frequently when hitting the gas. I don't feel like I'm flooring it, just giving it a good punch sometimes when necessary. Anyone else experience this? I've driven AWD vehicles only for the past 12+ years, so maybe this is just something I need to get used to?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
1,377 Posts
A number of things can also effect wheel spin.
Does it happen when pavement is wet or damp?
Is there loose gravel or stones on road?
Is it happening when you are turning the steering wheel for a turn?
If the last it could be because when turning one wheel receives
more torque than the other wheel because of the way the differential
makes up for distance wheels travel

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Palisade Limited
89 Posts
Hey All!

I'm driving a limited, FWD model, and I'm coming from an older AWD Mazda CX-9. Maybe it's just the lack of AWD, but I feel like I spin my tires quite frequently when hitting the gas. I don't feel like I'm flooring it, just giving it a good punch sometimes when necessary. Anyone else experience this? I've driven AWD vehicles only for the past 12+ years, so maybe this is just something I need to get used to?

Thanks!
I always spun my FWD Kia Optima tires unless I deactivated the traction control.

·
Super Moderator
1,377 Posts
People don't realize how much power goes to the rear wheels with AWD.
Even when just starting up or turning a corner.
Guess I should make a video, and post, of the visual image on the digital dash
HTRAC keeps me from spinning like my last fwd did

·
Registered
289 Posts
Looking forward to replacing OEM tires. I have AWD and it will easily spin the wheels if you pull on to a roadway quickly because cars are coming. Hoping some Michelins from Costco fixes the problem. The tires cannot handle all the power of the engine.

·
Registered
59 Posts
As we used to say in my old autocross days, many mechanical issues can be cured by adjusting the nut behind the wheel. If you’re spinning your tires in an AWD, 4500 lb, sub 300 hp SUV, you might want to try modulating the right foot. The gas pedal is not an on/off switch. I’ve never spun the tires nor had a shortage of power for merging into traffic. I’ve read plenty of bad reviews for these tires but so far they’ve been just fine for the situations this vehicle is used for. I’d probably swap them out for serious winter duty, but that’s it. I won’t be taking it to the racetrack or the Rubicon trail.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I swear there are different engines in these Palis. The first time I drove one I thought, Well it's a little underpowered. The one I bought I can't keep from spinning a wheel leaving the park and taking a left onto a 50mph highway. You have to give it some gas because cars are coming, but unless I lock the wheels I will spin the front wheels. It's not a lot of spin as the nannies kick in, but it will spin. I am not flooring it. I doubt I'm push the pedal more than a quarter down. Another problem is when you are going down the hwy at about 60. You are going to pass the car in front of you. 2 lane hwy. Now when I floor it to pass I will get immediate torque steer for a second. Easy to control, but don't like it. I truly believe this is not the same engine that was in my first drive. I know that is ridiculous, but I'm standing by it.

·
Super Moderator
532 Posts
Ridiculous all the same engines. The only time i can get a wheel spin is in the sport mode from a stop and full throttle and no torque steer.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts