Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

Frameless rearview mirror upgrade

21K views 40 replies 14 participants last post by  onexcite 
#1 ·
The first mod for my Palisade is swapping the old bulky light-less mirror for a new frameless with compass and HomeLink indicator.
Almost plug and play except for the wires on the new mirror need to re-arrange to match the factory harness. 10 minutes job.

See less See more
#16 ·
Using a plastic panel remover or flat head screwdriver and gently pry off the middle section of the cover behind the mirror then you'll have access to mirror harness. You can start at the gap between the headliner and the plastic cover. It'll come out easy.

#18 ·
Onexcite
Thanks for the info. We have a white limited and I am bummed about some of the silly things they didn't do, like not backlighting the buttons on the mirror. Tell me, were you able to discern whether or not the buttons are capable of lighting on the original, but perhaps not wired? I have a 2015 Genesis and the mirror lights on that. A used one on Ebay is only 40 dollars. Maybe it can be switched out.

#25 ·
Green wire in mirror harness connects to Red wire (constant) in factory roof harness, White wire in mirror harness connects to Green wire (switched) in factory roof harness.
About to cut the green wire in the mirror harness and splice into the white wire in mirror harness. This should work right guys?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.