Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts
They must order the mirror without the lighting buttons, the same for door courtesy lights, overhead switch.... You can get a used mirror on ebay and swap out the whole unit but the wiring need to re-match.
Oneexcite
Thanks for your post - I just ordered the mirror. Did you switch out the wiring at the mirror harness or at the connection to the mirror? Any more details and step-by-step would be much appreciated. Don't want to screw things up. I ordered the mirror without the compass ...thank you

Discussion starter · #22 ·
I switched out the wiring at the mirror harness. When you receive your new mirror, you can see the factory mirror and the new mirror harness are the same but all the wiring pins inside just opposite.

On the new mirror harness: use a flathead screwdriver to lift up the white tab on the plug (do not remove the white tab), then a small plier to push the pins out of the socket one by one, re-insert the pin to the socket according to factory mirror, close the white tab then you're done.

Oneexcite
Thanks for your post - I just ordered the mirror. Did you switch out the wiring at the mirror harness or at the connection to the mirror? Any more details and step-by-step would be much appreciated. Don't want to screw things up. I ordered the mirror without the compass ...thank you

I switched out the wiring at the mirror harness. When you receive your new mirror, you can see the factory mirror and the new mirror harness are the same but all the wiring pins inside just opposite.

On the new mirror harness: use a flathead screwdriver to lift up the white tab on the plug (do not remove the white tab), then a small plier to push the pins out of the socket one by one, re-insert the pin to the socket according to factory mirror, close the white tab then you're done.
Thanks so much!

received new mirror, switched wires in the new mirror harness, programmed the homelink. works great. Now I uninstalled mirror and will attempt to make homelink work only when ignition is on per onexcite's directions by splicing wires. wish me luck!

Green wire in mirror harness connects to Red wire (constant) in factory roof harness, White wire in mirror harness connects to Green wire (switched) in factory roof harness.
About to cut the green wire in the mirror harness and splice into the white wire in mirror harness. This should work right guys?

Discussion starter · #26 ·
Green wire in mirror harness connects to Red wire (constant) in factory roof harness, White wire in mirror harness connects to Green wire (switched) in factory roof harness.
About to cut the green wire in the mirror harness and splice into the white wire in mirror harness. This should work right guys?
You can pull the wire out of the socket without cutting it.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.