Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first Hyundai and I am a little shocked at how delicate the paint and frame are compared to my 10-year-old Honda minivan that I just traded in with 130K miles. I already have some paint chipping on my rear gate sill. I do put a plastic cooler in my trunk every week for football and I am sure I must have bumped it, but I am surprised at how easily this scratched. I just discovered a dent on the side of my car and I think it must be from something that fell from a tree while driving as my car is garage kept and I work from home. It has no scratch or paint transfer and I don't think it could be from another car's door. I usually park away from other cards. It looks like a ball hit it but I haven't been anywhere where this could have happened. I am assuming some kind of nut from a tree must have done it while I was driving. I was so rough on my Honda with young kids, dogs, travel, moving kids into college, etc and while it did have some scratches on it, the paint job still looked great when I turned it in after 10 years. This car has so few miles
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

and still has dents and paint scratches in the first 3 months. I am really shocked at the difference in paint and frame quality between the two.:cry: Is anyone else finding that?

· Registered
482 Posts
LOL...the body metal gauge is the same or very close on most cars. If there is no scratch, the dents can be removed by a paintless dent removal person, your dealer can give you info for the person they use, or they are available in most cities.
By the way, a nut from a tree? Do you live near coconuts?

· Registered
3 Posts
I completely agree! I had a Honda Pilot for 11 years prior to my Palisade. The Palisade is already very dinged up after a few months with no accidents. A small rock hit the hood while driving and took a chip out of the paint. I also have wear along the trunk where I've taken coolers in and out. My Pilot was definitely sturdier. Hoping the rest of it holds up better than the exterior.

· Registered
2022 Limited FWD Burgundy with Black interior
15 Posts
This is my first Hyundai and I am a little shocked at how delicate the paint and frame are compared to my 10-year-old Honda minivan that I just traded in with 130K miles. I already have some paint chipping on my rear gate sill. I do put a plastic cooler in my trunk every week for football and I am sure I must have bumped it, but I am surprised at how easily this scratched. I just discovered a dent on the side of my car and I think it must be from something that fell from a tree while driving as my car is garage kept and I work from home. It has no scratch or paint transfer and I don't think it could be from another car's door. I usually park away from other cards. It looks like a ball hit it but I haven't been anywhere where this could have happened. I am assuming some kind of nut from a tree must have done it while I was driving. I was so rough on my Honda with young kids, dogs, travel, moving kids into college, etc and while it did have some scratches on it, the paint job still looked great when I turned it in after 10 years. This car has so few miles View attachment 7791
and still has dents and paint scratches in the first 3 months. I am really shocked at the difference in paint and frame quality between the two.:cry: Is anyone else finding that?

Yes I also agree that the paint chips VERY easily on this vehicle. One of the biggest disappointments with it for me so far.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts