Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, can someone explain to me how the forward facing camera works?

I test drove a Telluride and it only works for a few seconds after shifting in drive and driving away. Does the Palisade do the same?

Does the driver have control of the camera? Is there a speed limit to the operation? Can it be used as a 'trail cam' during off-road driving?

Thanks in advance ?

·
Registered
126 Posts
The forward facing camera can be turned on with a button provided the car is in park or forward driving but under a certain speed...I think 7 or 8mph.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, so as long as the Palisade stays under 8 mph or so, the view from the forward facing camera will display indefinitely?

It sounds like the purpose of the forward view is mean to help parking, and not running over children or objects when moving from a stop.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Quick update: the forward facing camera will not turn on when the button is pushed and the car is in park. The car has to be in drive and under the preset speed limit. Once the car travels over the set speed the camera view goes away and it goes back to the home menu. It is nice because you can use it to see how close to the curb you are when parking on the street (with the 360 degree view) or how close you are to hitting the object in front of you whether it be another parked car or another object the like wall of your garage.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Sorry to beat a dead horse but what happens if car is in Park and the view button is pushed? Or neutral?
When the button is pressed the forward facing camera will do nothing when in Park....and will activate in both Neutral and Drive. If you have the forward facing camera on, whether in neutral or drive, and then switch to park, the screen will exit the camera and default back to the home screen.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I find all the camera views extremely helpful when parking or slowly moving in tight spaces. But I do find it silly that the cameras can't be activated while in Park to check for similar things (closeness to curb, etc)

·
Registered
54 Posts
We test drove an SE and the camera came on automatically; we bought an SEL premium but there, apparently, is no camera? It has the sensor/warning for forward parking, but no visual. Likewise, I guess we don’t have the “view” button, or am I missing something entirely? TIA

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
176 Posts
We test drove an SE and the camera came on automatically; we bought an SEL premium but there, apparently, is no camera? It has the sensor/warning for forward parking, but no visual. Likewise, I guess we don’t have the “view” button, or am I missing something entirely? TIA
The surround view (which includes a front camera in addition to the ones on the side mirrors) is only on Limited and Calligraphy models. The SEL and SE have only a reversing camera.

·
Registered
54 Posts
The surround view (which includes a front camera in addition to the ones on the side mirrors) is only on Limited and Calligraphy models. The SEL and SE have only a reversing camera.
Hmm. Maybe I was mistaken on the trim. But it had cloth seats, so maybe the 2020 had it and 2021 doesn’t? Weird.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
176 Posts
Hmm. Maybe I was mistaken on the trim. But it had cloth seats, so maybe the 2020 had it and 2021 doesn’t? Weird.
No Palisade with cloth seats would have ever had a forward-view camera, regardless of model year. Only possible explanation would be maybe if you went from reverse into drive and saw it continuing to display the rear camera view (that is an option for models that only have the rear camera).

·
Registered
2021 Calligraphy FWD due late April
243 Posts
The front camera on my last vehicle before this one was toast on the way back from the dealership, with all of 10 miles on the odometer. A freaking rock chip had to hit the stupid camera. Not a very good idea to have those super vulnerable cameras in front anyway, so if you have sensors, that's all you really need. I do use my front camera to park right at the parking stop line, but let's see how long it lasts. Ha ha. No way I'd replace it, since it costs $700+, and the bumper would have to come off (which I wouldn't do just for that).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts